Discussion topic: How to correct wrong information on credit file

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: How to correct wrong information on credit file

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@J.QWELYN it was probably already programmed as the files are set at least 14 days before the due date and cannot be normallly be stopped which is why I made the comment about better to pay and recover than stop the payment..  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
J.QWELYN
Topic Author
This message was authored by J.QWELYN This message was authored by: J.QWELYN

@ChriseeOh I see what you're saying. At the time I didn't have the funds to cover the dd due to the cost of closing both contracts a few days before. Sky didn't say anything about this when I made the payments either 😕

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Honestly @J.QWELYN  the best thing to do is add a note to the record explaining. These things happen unfortunately. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
J.QWELYN
Topic Author
This message was authored by J.QWELYN This message was authored by: J.QWELYN

@Chrisee No worries I appreciate your help.

This message was authored by Aussiebumwearer This message was authored by: Aussiebumwearer

Credit reference agencies ONLY hold information provided by the company/supplier - they DO NOT create the content and cannot amend any content, as in this situation, SKY have supplied this information. The CRA's cannot amend the information unless permission is given by the 'holding' authority/supplier. 

Like this consumer, I have the same issue, and here is the reply I got from Equifax after I asked for the incorrect information to be removed - 

"

20-04-2024

Dear Neal,

Thanks for getting in touch today about the information on your credit report.

Sky UK LTD (I) has responded to your dispute. They've told us that you made no payment in December due to a direct debit reversal. The information is correct no changes are required. The information on your credit report belongs to the data provider and we cannot change it without their authorisation. 

If " is the only dispute you have open the note we’d added automatically stating that your information was under dispute will be removed within the next five days. If you've raised multiple disputes the note will be removed when the last dispute has been resolved.

It’s important to remember that your ClearScore Credit Report is only updated weekly so it’s possible the data was updated after your current report was generated. You should be able to see the updated information on your next updated report from ClearScore.

I hope this answers your query. If there’s anything else we can help you with relating to this question, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch by updating this question in the box below.

If you have a question about any other information on your ClearScore Credit Report please raise a new case by logging in to your ClearScore account at https://app.clearscore.com/login. You might also be able to get the information you need by reviewing the FAQs on the ClearScore website.

Kind regards,

Judy Ann

Equifax Consumer Support

So when Sky say it's the CRA's responsibility, shows they have no intention of making right their error, or who you need contact. 

The only way is to go through the ombudsman service I'm afraid as it seems the only option to things resolved!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Aussiebumwearer 

You have posted on a thread from exactly one year ago today so hopefully the issue has been sorted one way or the other for that customer.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Aussiebumwearer This message was authored by: Aussiebumwearer

Doesn't look like it was

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion