Discussion topic: Refer a Friend Link Not Workling

This message was authored by WIverson97 This message was authored by: WIverson97

Refer a Friend Link Not Workling

I recently signed up to Sky and was told once I had signed up I could use my friends 'Refer a Friend' link to get a voucher for both me and them. I signed up to Sky Stream and was told we would get £75 each. I've gone to use the link and it says it's for new customers only. I am a new customer as I only signed up 2 days ago and received my box yesterday.

The link I used looked something like this, https://refer.sky.com/xxxxxxx-####. I replaced the ID and number for security reasons.

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: Refer a Friend Link Not Workling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @WIverson97 

Did you use the referral link from your friend before you purchased Sky? 

https://www.sky.com/refer-a-friend

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
WIverson97
Topic Author
This message was authored by WIverson97 This message was authored by: WIverson97

Yes I have.

WIverson97
Topic Author

Sorry, I misread your post. I didn't use the link beforehand. I signed up over the phone as I didn't know what deals I could get. The person on the phone said I could still use the link after I signed up.

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

No problem,

So as you did it over phone, you use that link that your friend gave you and type your details in. It will then verify the details. 

If you are getting an error after trying the above you will need to contact Sky directly on the phone number listed at the bottom of this page by the "Any questions" https://www.sky.com/refer-a-friend

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@WIverson97 wrote:

Sorry, I misread your post. I didn't use the link beforehand. I signed up over the phone as I didn't know what deals I could get. The person on the phone said I could still use the link after I signed up.

Unless it has changed I'm not sure you can do this despite what you have been told as the link from your friend is a referral one so Sky will know when you have used it to sign up. So if you have signed up over the phone then you will not be doing it via the link,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
WIverson97
Topic Author

The man on the phone said I could sign up and then use the link afterwards. I wanted to speak to them directly over the phone as I wanted money off because my friend is a Sky Diamond VIP customer. He was able to give me a better deal than shown on the website and said I could then use the link afterwards.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

You won't be able.e to use the link yourself, as you've already.signed up. Give Sky a call and ask them to apply it to the account you've already opened.

WIverson97
Topic Author

Already in the process of ringing them. On hold for 20 minutes so far 🙄

This message was authored by Cbellio This message was authored by: Cbellio

Hey - I can see this is an old post but did you have much success? I'm having the same issue now. The guy I spoke to over the phone when buying Sky glass told me I'd be able to take advantage of this offer after signing up but it's really not obvious how to get it done...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion