Discussion topic: Refund and contact issues

This message was authored by M771 This message was authored by: M771

Refund and contact issues

Hi,

I contacted Sky about 4 weeks ago to request a refund for the month of December (pro rata) and for the months of January and February.  After an hour of making notes, the Sky advisor referred my issue up the chain and I was told to expect a call back in one week.  The advisor then scheduled 19 March 2024 to call me back.

I have not received a call back.

When I tried contacting Sky today the advisor asked for the last 2 digits of my bank account but was unable to accept the last 2 digits that I provided. I have reviewed my bank statements and confirmed that my Sky payments are taken from the account number I provided.  

As Sky will not accept these last 2 digits (despite it being the correct account) they will not progres my call.

Any ideas?

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Refund and contact issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I can only suggest you ask Sky to verify your identity by other means.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@M771 

You normally have to set up a telephone password that Sky will ask you for on all calls/chats. Call again and if prompted for the password state you've forgotten it and they will normal have other means of confirming you are the account holder which will hopefully not be numbers from your bank account number.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
M771
Topic Author
This message was authored by M771 This message was authored by: M771

Thanks Mark and Daniel,

Unfortunately I don't recall setting up a telephone password and the only other question I am ever asked is my mothers maiden name, which, strangely, is also not being accepted by Sky.  In the case of my last call to Sky, I asked if there were other options / questions but was told the account number is the only one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion