Discussion topic: Renewal-

This message was authored by Jonf3 This message was authored by: Jonf3

Renewal-

Just finished renewing my tv and broadband contract. Finally after threatening cancellation, spending hours on the phone and chat line i was offered a sensible price some 30% less than the initialrenewal price. Why could this price not be offered at my first phone call instead of weeks of phone and chat conversations, postal offers from Sky etc.

In my view Sky are reliant upon customer apathy to accept stupendous price rises instead of giving an upfront fair price - I laugh at my platinum customer status as new customers get even better deals

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Renewal-

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonf3 wrote:

I laugh at my platinum customer status as new customers get even better deals

Your VIP tier counts for nothing when it comes to offers and discounts as you have discovered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonf3 wrote:

new customers get even better deals

@Jonf3 

Yes, the deal you're seeing will be for new customers. You would have benefited from a similar deal xx years ago. Comcast seem to want to attract new customers whilst sometimes losing current ones. If you had moved elsewhere, when that discounted deal ended you'd probably find yourself in the same boat and after 18 months Sky would class you as a new customer if you wanted to return. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

I agree, Sky are not bothered about existing customers.  I had a price increase of over 20% taking my bill to over £90 (Stream customer), they offered me £8 off, but with a reduction in services (loosing Ad-skip and lower Netflix tier).  New customers would have paid just £20 less than I was quoted and had (ad-skip included).

Cancellation requested and will go elswhere.

This message was authored by Jzeee This message was authored by: Jzeee

What was your upper limit quoted, before they applied the 30% discount.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion