Discussion topic: Sky's customer service has really went downhill.

This message was authored by Tamdiana This message was authored by: Tamdiana

Sky's customer service has really went downhill.

I cancelled my Sky TV last month after many years and I sent off my Q Box on the 27th February and it was delivered on the 29th February. Fast forward to today and I get texts and emails asking where the equipment is and if it's not returned by 16th April there will be a charge of £115. I spoke to a lady from Sky and she confirmed that it hadn't been returned even though it has. One of the reasons I cancelled TV was because their customer service has really went downhill, probably about the past year. I just renewed my Internet but I think I will cancel that now and move to Talk Talk, I no longer have any trust in the company and I will probably cancel my Direct Debits and pay by card because I just don't trust that they won't take the money from my account even when the issue is resolved, I kept my proof of postage so there should be no argument. The company really is a shadow of it's former self.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky's customer service has really went downhill.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you have the proof of posting from when you returned the equipment ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by lornadummond1 This message was authored by: lornadummond1

I too had really bad customer service tonight and as a result have cancelled my contract after 15 years. 

They seem to be super sweet and helpful when it comes to renewing your contract but quite the opposite when you have a problem. I was passed to 4 customer services tonight and it was only the last one who was helpful and could do her job but by this time it was only to cancel my contract as I have had enough, i cannot abide bad customer service.

Tamdiana
Topic Author

Yeah I do, I think tomorrow I will phone them and give them tracking number. The emails and texts are pretty passive, aggressive, pretty accusatory really, makes you feel bad.

Tamdiana
Topic Author

@lornadummond1I am the same, bad customer service really irks me and you are right, when it comes to renewing contract they can't do enough for you but recently customer service has been really poor.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Tamdiana 

There's no need to call. I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team should contact you later today. 

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains what happens.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @Tamdiana.

Thanks
Tom
Tamdiana
Topic Author

Hi all,

Not sure if everyone will see this, thanks for the escalation, Sky did get in touch and I replied explaining everything, with track and trace code. They never got back to me, I have really given them every chance so it looks like Talk Talk is best option. Thanks everyone for replying and your help.

This message was authored by Dako1 This message was authored by: Dako1

Worst customer services and overly inflated prices. Just trying to sell whatever they can find like sunday car boot market. 

Calling them and trying to resolve an issue means an hour plus on call and still no success on troubleshoot. 

Get ready to speak to at least 5  (cust rep) and repeat same thing again and again with no solution.

I ended up cancelling sky for good. I will be launching official ofcom complaint too.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Dako1 wrote:

.I will be launching official ofcom complaint too.

That's not how OfCom work.  You have to exhaust the supplier's complaint process first.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Dako1 This message was authored by: Dako1

Inefficiency in handling customer query and overcharging is. Ofcom can take action against monopoly behaviour and lack of services.

I have been with Sky over 18 years but never experienced such behaviour or case handling. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Dako1 wrote:

Inefficiency in handling customer query and overcharging is. Ofcom can take action against monopoly behaviour and lack of services.

Sky as an ISP is far from being a monopoly.  Subscription television (historically regarded by government as a luxury rather than an essential service) is not regulated to anything like the same extent as broadband & telecoms, and Ofcom has correspondingly fewer powers relating to it.

Ofcom may be interested in the general pattern of incidents of reported poor customer service,  but almost never intercedes on behalf of individual customers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion