Discussion topic: Technical error showing

This message was authored by Jane4814 This message was authored by: Jane4814

Technical error showing

Hi all I have been trying since yesterday to order broadband and TV. I can't order it as it shows technical error. I've cleared my history and tried a do browser still no luck The chat bot isn't helpful and takes me round in circles. Is there anything else I could try before queuing Thank you

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Technical error showing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jane4814 there are several reasons why the online order systemisn't taking the order the most common is the order involves a change that needs tombe discussed over the phone. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Jane4814
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply
This message was authored by Chamile This message was authored by: Chamile

I have the same problem. The error message simply says to try again later. I have called Sky and they would be able to help me to sign up for a new broadband account but could not offer the additional £100 voucher that was promised in the new customer promo. Is this just a cheap way of backing out of the promo offer??

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It could be that whatever the £100 offer is it is an online only offer so can not be claimed via the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

It is an online offer which I discovered through Comparethemarket.com (Ultrafast +, 500Mbps, 18 month contract). In fact, I received an email from Sky with a link to complete the order online to secure the voucher. This is were I inevitably hit the "Technical Difficulties - try again later" error. The Sky agent on the phone was capable of completing the order, but without the voucher; so I declined. Seems odd that it should be so difficult to place an order for a new broadband service.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Chamile wrote:

I have the same problem. The error message simply says to try again later. I have called Sky and they would be able to help me to sign up for a new broadband account but could not offer the additional £100 voucher that was promised in the new customer promo. Is this just a cheap way of backing out of the promo offer??

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Or ordering using your browser's incognito/privacy mode?

Yes. I have also tried three diffeerent browsers on my laptop and on my mobile phone - Same error.

Jane4814
Topic Author

I phoned them got as far sorting the contract and the asked for payment! Online there was no upfront payment. I refused to continue. As it happens I received a bill from my current provider and I still have a little while till the end of the contract. I'd be penalised if I left now. Sliver lining and all that lol

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion