Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
katedska

Connection to On Demand FAIL

I have had Sky for just 3 days and cannot get on demand my screen says connection to Broadband Router OK

but Connection to on demand fail

Have tried everything on troubleshooting and have tried phoning sky and to be honest am disappointed

I am a new customer and shouldn't have to be having this hassle

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Connection to On Demand FAIL

Try resetting the connection, go to Settings > Network and press the red button.

If this hasn't worked remove the ethernet cable from the back of the box that goes to either your router or the wireless connector then plug it back in after 3 minutes.

Something else to try is to reboot your sky box at the mains, after powering it back up wait a further 5 minutes before using the box again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
paulpete

i have  connection from router but  still says  on demand fail

Occasional Visitor
R0devGER

How Can I Get My On Demond To Work My Broadband Is OK

Super User
caesarome

R0devGER wrote:

How Can I Get My On Demond To Work My Broadband Is OK

Have you seen the post two above yours ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Ian+Smith13

Hi, I had the same problem but now hopefully have a solution. I set up on demand with the connector box a couple of days ago but although it connected to broadband ok I still got on demand fail. I phoned for help and they got me to check the following, so I suggest you try the same: 

go to services,  then system details. Underneath you will see some information. Have a look at the version number. Mine is 4F3006 and apparently this is too low, in other words my sky hd box is not the most recent though it works fine. This means it is not compatible with the new on demand connector. They immediately arranged to send me (free of charge) a new connector box which should do the job.  If your version number begins with 4F31---  then it should be compatible and you have another problem but hopefully this might be your solution

best wishes

Ian 

Occasional Visitor
Jamesbinetez

I had this issue and tried everything, then tried the good old pull plug out and plug it back in! Sky booted back up and worked! Whoop! This is with sky TV package and talk talk unlimited broadband.!
Retired Staff Member
Kristi-C

Hi katedska, Thank you for getting in contact with us! very sorry about the late reply. Did you manage to get your issue resolved or would you like help with this? All the best, 

Kristi
Community Coordinator
Occasional Visitor
Debbiesam

We had the same problem, reset the connection so many times, changed the channel on the hub etc. What worked was updating the software on the sky + box. I found the instructions by searching the forum.

Community Coordinator
Panlop-B

Hi katedska,

Sorry to hear of your issues with On Demand.

Could you try a planner rebuild please - http://help.sky.com/tv/problems-with-your-sky-tv/problems-with-your-recordings-and-planner?irct=sear...

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Panlop
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Julian+Molyneux

This solution worked for me. Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
lpard2003

Thank you very muck for your post.  Checked vesion number which was the upto date one, however On Demand was still not connecting.

Looked at other posts above and used the following: Go to settings/network and press the "RED" button to re-configuare, works just fine now.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

Regards

Tom

Community Coordinator
Gailsky

Hi Julian+Molyneux, Ipard2003.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. Great to find that it's been resolved for you from the directions by Panlop and  caesarome .

If you have any further problems please post again.

Cheers,

Gail
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
rachfour

Woop Woop! I took your advise and yes its all up and running!

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor
Metatron

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've been experiencing the same issue. Until a few days ago On-Demand was functioning perfectly, since the latest software update it no longer works. My Sky+HD box is hard wired directly to my broadband router via CAT5E ethernet cable and has been since I had Sky installed in 2009. I've tried all the usual routes to try and resolve i.e. Reboot, Re-install, Planner Rebuild, Router Reset, Unplug etc. but no joy. Checked the version number of the box and it appears to be compatible. Customer services have advised and assured that purchasing the On-Demand connector will resolve the issue but I'm not holding hope.

Has anyone else had the same experience and has the On-Demand connector resolved the issue?

I asked Customer Services why this issue was occurring and been told that latest software is incompatible with older boxes.
Surely a software patch to re-enable direct ethernet connection on older boxes is possible?