Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Protégé
skystan
Accepted Solution

Sky Go keeps buffering

I'm trying to watch Sky Go and the picture keeps stopping and starting again, the quality is also terrible. Can anyone help?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Peter-Ed

Hi skystan,   Thank you for taking the time to post,   Th...

Hi skystan,

Thank you for taking the time to post,

The reason that your connection is buffering the way that it is would normally be because of a slow speed through your broadband. This also affects the quality of your picture coming through as the SkyGo player would pick the best quality it can to get a stable picture coming through. If you follow this link this should help you troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
Splint2012

Its because sky go is not able to do what it says it is a...

Its because sky go is not able to do what it says it is able to do i have the same problem and have for over a year yet still no fix for it ABSOLUTE JOKE i end up going on a well known streaming site and have no problems 

Explorer
FXRS

I agree with Splint2012, a well known online site provide...

I agree with Splint2012, a well known online site provides decent pictures and no buffering problems.

Its time Sky got a grip!!!

Getting There
Darren+OC

Hi, Ive recently had this problem. The Sky Go on my lapto...

Hi, Ive recently had this problem. The Sky Go on my laptop kept buffering and was unwatchable. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the silverlight but it still never worked. I later discovered that the problem was caused by my anti-virus software not updating for the past month (it had released a newer version of the software which i never downloaded which caused my operating system to become unstable). I updated this by 1. going to the control panel 2. to system and security 3. to review your system's status 4. under maintenance it said "solve a problem with my anti-virus software"5. click on the details and it provides you with a link to download the newest version of the software. 6. Download this and reboot your computer 7. Log back into sky go and it works.
I'm New Here
tricias1293

Hi I use Google Chrome for most of my internet browsing s...

Hi

I use Google Chrome for most of my internet browsing so was opening SKY GO in that browser but the playback was terrible because of the 'buffering' problem.

Just as a process of elimination I used Firefox which I also have downloaded and hey presto Sky Go works perfectly with no buffering problems.

Will just ensure in future I always open Firefox when I want to use Skygo.

Getting There
brentrobbo52

I too have sky go problems with intermittent buffering /...

I too have sky go problems with intermittent buffering / freezing. I've tried several browsers and have a high- spec PC and a 120mb connection!
This issue has been annoying users for months and months. Isn't it about time that someone did some real research into this and stopped blaming users' computers/Internet connections?
I'm New Here
acm3

Because its tihs!! after the adverts it takes literally 3...

Because its tihs!!

after the adverts it takes literally 3-7minutes to buffer, yet the adverts run fine and the quality is good. Its a joke.

I'm New Here
Deedee77x

Re: Sky Go keeps buffering

I have the buffering issue and it's getting worse. I'm paying nearly £100 a month have old boxes (that I have to pay to upgrade) and I've just about had enough. I have fast broadband connection and Netflix works fine!
I'm New Here
Paul1973H

Sick to death of Skygo buffering just found this post and...

Sick to death of Skygo buffering just found this post and have my game steaming free of charge perfectly. Sky sort it out.

Getting There
mackay360

It's sky's problem not our Internet speeds!! NETFLIX work...

It's sky's problem not our Internet speeds!! NETFLIX works perfect and that's in 4k on my TV.......??? Sort this low resolution rubbish out sky and stop blaming our connection speeds.............. 

Staff
LauraMac

Hi Mackay360,    Can you tell me what device you're using...

Hi Mackay360, 

Can you tell me what device you're using to watch Sky Go on?

Thanks, 

Getting There
mackay360

Pc, xbox or nexus 10

Pc, xbox or nexus 10

Staff
Kei+M

Ok - so are you having issues with all of the channels -...

Ok - so are you having issues with all of the channels - what happens on these channels?

Thanks,

I'm New Here
ace123321

<REMOVED>just posted my 10th you tube video of how "amazi...

[ Edited ]

<REMOVED>just posted my 10th you tube video of how "amazing" on demand is, if you pause or restart a program.

its easier to buffer your life than on demand.

and dont get me started about the white screen desktop player

Moderated:-

• Unfounded allegations