Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
dougalthecat

Sky HD remote volume or mute not working

Hi,

I have just purchased a new TV, Alba LC-40GL12E and it works ok but sky remote doesn't work with the TV, I have tried loads and loads of codes and different ways and they don't work. The sky remote changes channels on the sky box but does not work on the volume or mute.

Please help
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Re: Sky HD remote volume or mute not working

Hi Dougal,

I have had a look in our Online Code Tool and have found the following codes for you 1613, 1695 & 1191. You can find how to program the remote here.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
maelstromv

i bought the same tv and tried all the codes ,and even the sky tech guy didnt know :smileysad:

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

I know how frustrating it is when your Sky remote doesn't control the volume on your TV Maelstromv,

If you've tried all of the codes for you're model of TV and had no success, this may mean that you're model of TV isn't supported for controlling the TV functions with the Sky remote.

In some cases, if it's a brand new TV, or a new model of TV, we won't have a code for this straight away. This means we can't use the Sky remote for the TV functions.

The manufacturer of the TV will likely update us in future to let us know when a code is available and what the code for that model is.

Something that you could try when reprogramming the remote, would be to use the code '999' to reset the remote before trying a code to see if it helps.

I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for for your query and appreciate that this will cause an inconvenience. But give the suggested step a go and let me know if resetting the remote helps.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
MrWhiskerson

Hi,

I have had the same problem having just purchased this TV. Does anyone know if there is a code for this TV yet?

Many thanks

Jo
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Good evening MrWhiskerson,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch.

If the code you are looking for is still not listed at this page then we have still not been supplied with a valid code for your specific model I'm afraid.

If there is a code listed, you can follow the steps listed at this page to set this up.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks