Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Roger+Cuthbert

Sky Sports App unable to use on new iPad - HELP REQUESTED FROM SKY - PLEASE :-)

REQUEST FOR HELP FROM SKY SUPPORT

I have bought a new iPad 3.  My ipad 2 had the Sky Sports App on it and therefore when I tried to use the same app on my ipad 3 I get the message that says "you have reached the max no of iOS devices authorised etc etc  . .  ."

1.On the ipad 3 I have deleted all Sky Apps (News, Go, Sports. Sky+)

2.On my Apple Mac pc I have changed the sky ID password

3.On the ipad 2 I have deleted the Sky ipad Sports App.

4.On the ipad 3 I have downloaded a fresh version of Sky Sports News, Sky Sports App, Sky Go App and Sky + App

5. On the ipad 3:-

(a)Sky News works fine and plays live TV (using the new password)

(b)Sky Go works fine (using the new password)

(c)Sky + works fine (using new password)

(d)Sky Sports App : If iI use the new password it says invalid credentials, and if I use the old one iit says "you have reached the maximum no of iOS devices etc etc...."

Please note that my ipad 3 is also the second device in my account and is a managed device.

Please can you provide some help as I think I have tried evrything previously recommended in other posts.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
AllyMck

Re: Sky Sports App unable to use on new iPad - HELP REQUESTED FROM SKY - PLEASE :-)

Hi Roger+Cuthbert

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for posting. 

Can I ask you to try to log in to the Sky Sports App again with the new password? 

It sounds like the new password had not filtered through to the App at the time you were trying to log in.

Please get in touch if you are still having a problem.

Many thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
Roger+Cuthbert

Re: Sky Sports App unable to use on new iPad - HELP REQUESTED FROM SKY - PLEASE :-)

It does now seem to accept my new password, that is it didn't give me an error for that, but it did say I have reached the limit of iOS devices. Strange thing though I think it k May have given me an option to RESET but I hit OK to quickly. Logging it again just says too many iOS devices but now no option to RESET. Was I dreaming. Help.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi Roger+Cuthbert, I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Question+Mark

Hi there - I have the same issue following replacement of my iPad - can use the Sky Go app ok, but consistently get the maximum devices reached on the sky Sports app. Pleas could someone on the Sky helpdesk perform a reset so that my new iPad will work?

Many thanks in advance,

QM

Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi Question+Mark,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community,

I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details. 

Regards,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
SimonGodfrey

I am having the same problem. SKYGO works fine, when I login to SkySports, it aks me to reset the number of devices, but when I select reset, it says the credentials are wrong. Can you help?

Simon

Regular Visitor
Terry+38

I'm have been using sky sports app on my ipad 2 for ages. am now getting the message  you have reached the maximum iOS devices don't know why? Just happened after not logging in for a while.

. Any idea how I can reset this so I can log in? Don't have a problem logging in to sky go. Thank

Frequent Visitor
mathew12

Hi I also have this problem with - sky id device limit reached.

I have changed to the ipad mini and now I cannot get this app to work. even when resetting the add it still does not allow me to log in.

Please advise how to fix this?

thanks

Occasional Visitor
eebai2014

i am having the same issue can Sky just put a fix online so everyone can solve this issue. 

i have switched iPad as my other one got stole now keep getting too many devoces etc etc message

Can you contact me to sort out please