Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
clubswinger
Accepted Solution

Why can I not receive catch up on my sky+HD box?

I have tried all the fixes on the help web page but nothing works.  I am trying to access on demand using broadband with an ethernet cable plugged into my router box.  My internet works fine with a 7 mb download speed.  All I get is the original on demand menu.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Why can I not receive catch up on my sky+HD box?

[ Edited ]

Hi clubswinger,

I am slightly confused with your post at the moment so I'll need to ask further questions.

Can you tell me if your On Demand service is set out as different tabs or is it set out as a list? Also are you based in the UK or Ireland?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
clubswinger

Re: Why can I not receive catch up on my sky+HD box?

I am based in UK.  My On Demand is set out in a list.  I am looking to receive the new icons so that I can access BBC iplayer, and so on as I can on my computer. 

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Thanks for replying clubswinger,

Can you tell me if the Sky On Demand service is active in the My Package section of your MySky?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Regular Visitor
clubswinger

Yes. Sky on demand is active in My Sky.  Jack

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Good evening clubswinger,

Have you been able to get access to the Sky On Demand service since it was activated?

Also have you looked over the troubleshooting steps from this help article to fix problems with the Sky On Demand service?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
clubswinger

Yes, we activated it just once.  Since then have been unable to activate it at all.  We have done all the checks recommended on the troubleshooting pages.  Now have run out of ideas!  Jack.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hey clubswinger,

It does seem rather odd, however we will work together and get it sorted!

Can you tell me if you are with Sky for your broadband service? Can you tell me if you have a Sky Wireless Connector?

Thanks,

Regular Visitor
clubswinger

No. Talk talk. No. I use a Ethernet cable plugged into my. ZyEXL router. Jack
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Jack,

Thanks for getting back in touch. Is your box recognising the router?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
clubswinger

How can I tell if the box is recognizing the router? We did receive the catch up screen just once.
Super User
caesarome

clubswinger wrote:
How can I tell if the box is recognizing the router?

Settings > Network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Regular Visitor
OnDemandNewbie

We had this problem and I came on here asking the same thing. I found with mine that if I go straight to on demand it still gives me the generic "list" of programmes. I then have to come out of on demand and go to one of the other tabs (like box office), go into that then go back into my on demand - and that seems to kick start it. Maybe it will Work for you. I'm with talk talk too for broadband.
Regular Visitor
clubswinger

Thanks. I will try that. Let you know if it works.
Regular Visitor
OnDemandNewbie

Fingers crossed.