Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Cygnus+X1

Why have I lost TV sound since sky HD + box update.

I now have to have my home theatre system on all the time to get sound from sky. Even after re-routing the HDMI cables to bypass the theatre system there is still no sound. I have a Sony TV with sound bar which worked perfectly well before the update, now no longer works. It is not an equipment problem as all other devices work perfectly well, blu-ray player, play station and other connected things. I was getting rid of the theatre system, but it seems I can't now. Have spent a fortune on the perfect TV / sound bar set up just to be let down by Sky yet again. Also as I have multi-room I can't rent movies from the on demand service. Go figure.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Ross-M

Re: Why have I lost TV sound since sky HD + box update.

Hey there sorry about the delay in getting your post, now let's investigate this with you!

This seem's very strange but we will get some information from you and get this sorted so you can use this the way you wish. Can you tell me your model and version number please (services, 0, 3)? Have you tried an alternative HDMI cable say from you playstaion or blue ray player? If you have this resolved already can you tell me how you resoled this as this may help other member's of the community aswell?

With your multiroom can you tell me does this have a telephone line connection? What kind of box is this? Have you ever been able to book/rent movies from Sky Store or Sky Box Office?

I look forward to hearing further from you soon.

Cheers,

Ross
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Tccutty

Hi All,

I have had the same issue, my TV and Sky worked perfectly well last night. This morning when I turned it n an update had been applied, this has resulted in me having no sound!

Any advices?

I am running version number 4f310d and model number R007.061.49.00P

Thanks,
Occasional Visitor
Tccutty

I have now resolved this by changing to a different HDMI port.

Retired Staff Member
Joss-91

Thanks for letting me know Tccutty,

This info might be helpful to others in the community also so I'll keep it in mind if we get any more similar issues :smileyhappy:

Let us know if you ever need a hand with anything else.

Cheers,

Occasional Visitor
james+58+b

I have just set up my hd box & now have no sound. It is connected via a scart which was fine with my sky + box