Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
Fraser79

setting up on demand with a talk talk router

I am trying to access on demand but i cannot at the mo what am i doing wrong. our router is in the hall and i cannot move it and i dont want a mile of ethernet cable running from one to the other. i thought the black sky boxes were wifi enabled but i cannot get the menu to highlight ont he sky menu to connect or change anything. i can enter a manual IP configuration but as i am a girl i dont knowo what that means! help me plz

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: setting up on demand with a talk talk router

Only the new DRX890W & DRX895W are wifi enabled and have a WPS button on the front that helps connection to your router if it also has WPS.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
Fraser79

oh ok i have checked all over my box and it has no wps button that i can see. i thought mine was us to date but guess not lol. how will i get round it? do i have to buy one of those boxes?? i am sure i got a letter through for an offer but i cannot find it.  Thank u

Super User
Annie+UK

Personally I'd go for an Ethernet cable as wifi is not as stable and connection with a cable will future proof you as Sky seems to be concentrating more and more on giving services via the web.

Anyhow if you must use wifi then you can purchase a wifi adaptor from sky or get a 3rd party one from companies such as Edimax etc...

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.