Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
vickih110

sky hd box not wroking properly since menu update

i have had my sky hd box a few years now, it has worked ok, until the new menu update. since then it has been freezing, not rewinding, pausing and jamming. allsorts of numerous problems. i have tried the planner rebuild as sky suggest and lost all my recordings (which they say doesnt happen!). i called them for help this afternoon only to get some sarcastic little up-start who didnt want to help at all.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
vickih110

Re: sky hd box not wroking properly since menu update

i have tried to speak to sky a cople of time recently to try and get help with my bill but nobody seems to want to help. they are only interested in getting new customers not keeping the loyal ones! 

i cannot order a new ox with an offer online via my account because apparently i am "waiting delivery of new hardware".....amazing that......since i'm not!

well done sky!  i have been a customer for nearly 20yrs and this is how u treat me!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
DGBISHERE

[ Edited ]

I totally agree, never had a problem with my box until this latest upgrade. Controlling the box with the remote is now like trying to turn a super tanker in a swimming pool, way slow and non responsive and at least 8 seconds behind my fingers. Fast Forward now jumps in "visual chunks" and again it takes you 8 or 10 seconds past hitting play,,control is shocking 

I lost recording two planner programmes last night, as I got a clash not realising that two programmes that should have lasted an hour each went on to record for 439 minutes or 6 hours over what they should have each!

What is going on here

Super User
Scubbie

Hi vickih110,

Could you take a look at the rear of your STB and let us know which make & model it is please?

Also can you let us know what it reports as the "Model Number" and "Version Number" in the system details? To get this information, using your remote control, press <Services> 0 3.

Saying 'thank you' to someone who has helped you is always appreciated. If someone has helped you on this forum, please click the 'Likes' button under their post to show your appreciation here.

Current Sky Kit: DRX895(4f3155), DRX890(4f31a9), Sky Hub R101 on Sky Fibre Pro
Getting There
vickih110

hi, its a Pace TDS850NB. model no from menu is R005.054.008.00P, version no 9F3007
Super User
Scubbie

vickih110 wrote:
hi, its a Pace TDS850NB. model no from menu is R005.054.008.00P, version no 9F3007

Ok, there hopefully is a solution on its way to you already. There are quite a few people complaining about 54.08.00P on this forum already and Sky has started to roll out 54.10.00P.

You can perform a forced update now/this evening it you wish. This should roll you back to the previous version but will prevent you from accessing the TV Catchup section of the On Demand facility. The newer version will be automatically updated to your STB over night anytime over the next couple of weeks.

How do you perform a forced update?

Please do the following:

1. Power off your Sky+ HD STB at the mains
  2. Press and hold the <Backup> button on the top of the box (NB: Not the remote control!)
  3. Power on the Sky+ HD STB at the mains, whilst continuing to hold the <Backup> button
  4. Keep holding the <Backup> button until either the blue LEDs on the front of the Sky box start flashing or the display on your TV confirms that the process has begun

The update process will take between 10 to 20 minutes to complete. Once completed press the <Sky> button on your Sky remote control to turn it on properly.

Saying 'thank you' to someone who has helped you is always appreciated. If someone has helped you on this forum, please click the 'Likes' button under their post to show your appreciation here.

Current Sky Kit: DRX895(4f3155), DRX890(4f31a9), Sky Hub R101 on Sky Fibre Pro