Discussion topic: Amber lights on router

This message was authored by Dw198 This message was authored by: Dw198

Amber lights on router

The Voice light and the internet light keep going Amber intermittently. The internet light also flashes. This is extremely annoying as it's only occasionally so a network test doesn't pick it up. Anyone know how I can contact Sky?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Amber lights on router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dw198  Are you running the test when the internet light is only green or when it is amber?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Dw198
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dw198 This message was authored by: Dw198

I start to run it when it's on amber but then it resolves itself and says things are fine

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Dw198  Have you contacted Sky to ask them to look into these drops on your internet connection that keep happening. Do you notice if they happen at the same time or is there no pattern to them?

This message was authored by MBUK1975 This message was authored by: MBUK1975

I also having the same problems, but I think as because I have only been active for nearly 2 days, then maybe still my line is being tested. I can only access the internet on my phone, via sky WiFi to router, but other devices connect to WiFi but say no internet. 

@MBUK1975  Which package did you get from Sky was it superfast or ultrafast?

Yeah super fast I have. I was activated on the 18th was working perfect on all devices, but today around 5pm, the voice light turned orange and all my devices connected to WiFi still but all say no internet, apart from my mobile phone. I have run checker and says something wrong with WiFi, I run to fix and it says it's fine. 

Screenshot_20240419-223924.png

Screenshot_20240419-224112.png

Just an update, I've now got 3 green lights, and no light on the voice, I'm sure I should have all 4 green lights on, still says no internet on laptop sky puk, Xbox ect, apart from android phone, I've tried rebooting everything, resetting, wire checking, the only thing left is to ring sky and hope they sort it...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion