Discussion topic: Android phone connecting to WiFi but says "no internet"

This message was authored by BadAndy This message was authored by: BadAndy

Android phone connecting to WiFi but says "no internet"

My internet is definitely connected because I'm using my WiFi connection on my laptop to ask this question.  My wife's (Android) phone is able to connect to the internet.

When I connect my phone to the WiFi I get an error saying that there is no internet.  When she originally connected some sort of website popup showed that she needed to sign in, but this is not happening for me.

What phone settings could be interfering with the ability to connect to the internet through the WiFi?

Best Answers
BadAndy
Topic Author
This message was authored by BadAndy This message was authored by: BadAndy Answer

Re: Android phone connecting to WiFi but says "no internet"

Answering my own question so that if somebody encounters this in the future they can also try.

My problem was that I use a private DNS server to block adverts and malware.  Sky broadband wouldn't connect because of this.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

BadAndy
Topic Author
This message was authored by BadAndy This message was authored by: BadAndy Answer

Answering my own question so that if somebody encounters this in the future they can also try.

My problem was that I use a private DNS server to block adverts and malware.  Sky broadband wouldn't connect because of this.

This message was authored by Sue104 This message was authored by: Sue104

Hi, our phones are connected to the Internet (I have android and my son has an iPhone) but apps are saying no connection to Internet.  Without realising I have used up all of my mobile credit now because it took over as no connection 😒 please can  anyone help? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion