Discussion topic: Another night that my internet is down

This message was authored by E.ferr This message was authored by: E.ferr

Another night that my internet is down

What's going on. This is the second time in the last week or 2 that my internet has gone down around this time. I work nights Sky please fix this. You're making it hard for me to do my job. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Braga+. This message was authored by: Braga+.

Re: Another night that my internet is down

Same here in Slough area. Regular cutoff shortly after midnight. 

E.ferr
Topic Author
This message was authored by E.ferr This message was authored by: E.ferr

Yep I'm in Slough!! I wonder what's going on 

This message was authored by Annoyed12345 This message was authored by: Annoyed12345

Same here.  Second time in 2 weeks?  Is this a ploy to make users upgrade?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It could be that essential maintenance is taking place in the area. This is usually done overnight to cause as little interruption as possible. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by happychick+99 This message was authored by: happychick+99

E.ferr I got a txt saying there had been an outage what ever that is ?? This is day 2 of no Internet or phone iv been given 2 gb of mobile dater whoopee seeing I have over 300 banked not a good thing for me ad rather some money came off my bill am in Newcastle-upon-Tyne so this outage is a load of #&£%
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@happychick+99 if your broadband is down for more than 2 working days then you should be due compensation see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

The mobile data allowance is part of the Broadband Boost package and is separate..

Unfortunately occasional loss of service is unavoidable as the phone network can get damaged by many things including thieves knicking copper cable, bad weather bringing down lines, idiots crashing card into cabinets and even harvest mice eating the cables which knocked out  thousand lines for a few days reported yesterday. Its a pain both for customers but also for the companies who fix the outages but it does take time. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion