Discussion topic: Blink sync module goes offline at same time every night

This message was authored by AndyBee79 This message was authored by: AndyBee79

Blink sync module goes offline at same time every night

Hi all,

I have sky broadband and sky Q, for quite a while now I'm waking up to the same message that my blink sync module has been offline for more than 30 mins.  This message always comes through around 00:17am and the module remains offline until the system scheduled switch off at 6:00am.

I have checked and set my main sky and Q mini box power settings. But I don't use my sky SSID, I have a TPlink mesh system setup. 

I have tried connecting the blink through the mesh system and also directly to the sky router but face the same problem. 

I have contacted blink who checked logs and said it's something to do with my ISP and should check with them.

Anyone had a similar issue? 

Thanks,  Andy.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Bikerbabe This message was authored by: Bikerbabe Answer

Re: Blink sync module goes offline at same time every night

I've sorted it out now thank god lol 

it was obviously using the mini box and the mini box is in a room where it isn't used very often, but once I logged into it and changed the settings it's been ok ever since. 
so who ever it was that mentioned it was the sky mini box and not the sky Q box thank you. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndyBee79 

If you post your router stats & log from a night when the issue occurs we can take a look

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
AndyBee79
Topic Author

Hi, router stats are attached....thanks for the reply by the way. 

Screenshot_20210113-054805_Chrome.jpg

AndyBee79
Topic Author

@jamesn123 

router stats are posted....it's showing 22hrs up time as I did have to reset it but the issue still occurred overnight. 

Thanks, Andy.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@AndyBee79 

Your stats dont suggest a dropout at all, perhaps there is something in the logs? If not its hard to see how this would be a Sky issue. Is the module connected via WiFi or ethernet? Perhaps something is interfering with the WiFi signal at the time of the night?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
AndyBee79
Topic Author

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't think it was my WiFi as nothing else has an issue. It's connected via WiFi.

I contacted Blink customer services first who checked the logs at their end and said it was my ISP...

No idea what's going on. I've tried resetting the blink unit and cont think of anythi g else. I'll have to try them again. 

This message was authored by Jacqi12 This message was authored by: Jacqi12

@AndyBee79 Hi I'm having exactly the same problem. Did you find out why this was happening after? Would be a great help if you did

This message was authored by Mrp61 This message was authored by: Mrp61

I have the same issue, getting a message from the App saying the Sync module is offline at the same time every day. Can't access the cameras at that time and the WiFi is working fine for other kit.
Did anything anything identify the cause and solution ? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Mrp61 Sky hubs have no power saving mode so should remain connected 24/7 unless you program them not to. However if you have Sky Q tv boxes these go into a low power mode by default from 2.30am to 5.45 am which will disconnect any devices using their wifi hotspots. If that is likely in your case change the standby mode on the TV boxes from eco to active or none in the Settings/setup/ preferences menu.

Network msintenance by Sky and Openreach is done overnight so you can lose connection overnight ocasionally but that rarely lasts more than a week or so. The hub's connection stats will show how long the WAN (external connection) has been up dince it last reset see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by wr6warren This message was authored by: wr6warren

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the same issue!

cheers!

This message was authored by Blink123 This message was authored by: Blink123

Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue, as my Blink has decided to go offline at 03:30 every morning for the last week, Wifi stays on but not sure why this has just started after 2 years of no issues.

This message was authored by Mrp61 This message was authored by: Mrp61

Sadly not, but I see Chrisse posted a reply saying it maybe due to the Blink using the wifi repeater from the Sky Q box rather than the main router.  The Sky Q box apparently has a sort of overnight sleep mode which might do that.  Not sure how to ensure the Blink is linked only to the router?  

This message was authored by Blink123 This message was authored by: Blink123

Solved for me....

I did a reset of the sync module, this was pressing the reset button, not just a power cycle, it stayed on all through the night, no 'system offline'message. I will post again if it starts acting up, hope this helps someone.

AndyBee79
Topic Author

Hi all, 

Firstly apologies for not replying!  Only just seen the notifications.

The only way I solved it was by swapping my broadband to BT.  No amount of resets of the sync module worked for me. But since being with BT I have not had the issue once.

Thanks, Andy.

This message was authored by gerry+trouse This message was authored by: gerry+trouse

i have the same problem its only just started to do this as this is a 24 hr system 

this makes the system unable o do its job 

is there a way round this 

gerry 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion