Discussion topic: Broadband has been dropping out all week

This message was authored by Chriiss This message was authored by: Chriiss

Broadband has been dropping out all week

Hello all,

So, my broadband keeps dropping out and has done since it's been installed over three weeks ago. 

Naturally I'm not best impressed as you can imagine. I have reset the router many times and have even in plugged and plugf back in yet nothing seems to work.

The reason why I came to sky is becuase I was a customer at a different address and never had any issues. But alas here we are, the internet is required for work also which is also a tad annoying.

Can anyone offer any remedies on how this issue may be resolved? Failing that can I pay my contract off and move else where I really am not fussed about that option. 

Thanks

Chris 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Broadband has been dropping out all week

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chriiss you can check if there is a line fault by running the connection test in the My Sky app as thst can book an engineer if it finds a fault. You need to be aware if your line is faulty switching to another ISP using the same line will just mean the fault moves with you.

If you want more detailed advice pist your hub's stats see Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Chriiss
Topic Author

Hello, Thanks for the reply. It's totally out now and not even connecting.

I can't use the mysky app as this won't even load up yippee.

I'll ring them tomorrow and pay the contract off. I'm really not fussed and it's easier to move to another provider.

Thanks

Chris 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Chriiss the test works over a mobile connection and will tell you if there is a known issue in your area.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Chriiss
Topic Author

Well with out being to sarcastic, there's no issues. I'm shocked at that, yet I've no internet all day.

Hey ho, such as life. 

Thanks for trying.

This message was authored by nalanosnibor This message was authored by: nalanosnibor

my broadband does exactly this. dropping so that i cant run the line test then when it comes back on line its perfect again. the router maintains three green lights throughout the outage yet there is no connection to the cabinet in the street. very frustrating

Chriiss
Topic Author

@nalanosnibor great isn't it? Yet if you ring them it's fine. 

The issue is simple, too many people connected at any one time and it outa certain houses in the street is my theory ...

Peak times it always happens. They'll be getting a call tomorrow to settle the account and I'll be off. I'm not staying with a company that's not willing to address the issue.

This message was authored by nalanosnibor This message was authored by: nalanosnibor

oops forgot, sometimes the service becomes very slow and internet wifi connections start scrolling then suddenly Bam Zapowee its back full power connection again. the sky speed test shows great connection speed yet broadbandspeedchecker shows slow. Ha it just crashed again during this conversation I took a screenshot but dont know how to post it on this community help.

I have changed the channel numbers in the router to eliminate this as a cause

Chriiss
Topic Author

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Just to let you know i'm from s.wales and all mine has done today is drop out and i have not been able to use it ierher bud since 1pm today!!!!

I've been using my mobile hot spot which is more reliable!

Chriiss
Topic Author

Sky broad band keeps dropping out, hub stats attaced

Chriiss_0-1693766269582.png

So, for the last few days my internet has been shokcing i posted earlier about it but no real anwsers. I have attached the hub stats... 

Any actual advice on this would be great.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Sky broad band keeps dropping out, hub stats attaced

@Chriiss 

Those stats are pretty useless to us because the hub rebooted just before you took the screenshot. Could do with a screenshot after the hub has been on for a while and the connection has dropped. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Nicko64 This message was authored by: Nicko64

I have the same issue, I'm working from Home & am about at the end of my tether.

I've been with Sky forever 20 years plus easy.

I'm about to go somewhere else. 

My net has dropped out at least 6 times in the last hour.

No known issues in my area. The chatbot is worse than useless.

There's no where to go, & calling well that as good as the bot if you can get through at all.

any suggestions or fixes would be very helpful, though I don't think they know how to fix it.

I'm fed up being told to check my cables etc. When they are working fine when the net is on.

I'm loosing all hope

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion