Discussion topic: DHCP Function enabled

This message was authored by AnnieMAndrews This message was authored by: AnnieMAndrews

DHCP Function enabled

Do the Sky Routers come with the DHCP enabled or do I need to do something to enable it?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: DHCP Function enabled

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnnieMAndrews 

Dhcp comes enabled on the lan. What issues are experiencing?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@AnnieMAndrews 

Log onto the hub and go to advanced

Go to lan ip set up

And check to make sure use router as dhcp server is checked 

Screenshot_20220606-150912_Chrome.jpg

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Fitzhouse This message was authored by: Fitzhouse

Can anyone help. Broadband shows full signal, all green lights. It shows it connected on tv and phones yet it is not working on anything. Told to check dhcp can't seem to see how to do that. It asks for log in and I don't know it for advanced settings. Was told the line is fine no faults etc yet neighbour has same problem. The old I'll have to just change provider as they won't send anyone out to fix it. So need to check dhcp somhow.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Fitzhouse all Sky hubs gave a default account called admin which is password protected on the older hubs including the flat type the password is simply the word sky (lower case s) but on the later vertical type the password is the default wifi passcode on the hub's label.

Easiest way to check if the DHCP server is working is to check the IP address assigned to any device. If set to get the address from the hub the address should be in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.164.0.254. You can also see a list of devices currently connected on the hub's web home  page. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Fitzhouse This message was authored by: Fitzhouse

Is there anything else I can do if the wifi still showing full signal and nothing is connected to the internet. Happened last Friday with us and my neighbour same problem both new routers both still not working. Told the line is fine they won't send anyone and dhcp check last resort and if that don't work to get another company. Which I find very strange.

This message was authored by TomThumb5ive This message was authored by: TomThumb5ive

@Fitzhouse  I've experienced something similar on sky routers where sky's dns servers stop resolving,

That results in no internet with no obvious reason,

To rule in / out sky's dns servers as the cause, next time you have this issue,

Change the dns server settings on 1 devices, for example use Google's 8.8.8.8 offering,

a quick Google search for changing dns on your chosen device will point you in the right direction if you need help to do so.

Do let the forum know how you got on.

Tom...

Sky want us to believe in better
BELIEVE =accept that (something) is true, especially without proof.
BETTER = of a higher standard, or more suitable, pleasing, or effective than other things or people:

Sky Q & 2 mini’s
SR203 router. > Replaced with ASUS XT9’s with a TP-Link TD-W9970 modem
Sky superfast 80/20 :sort of, 63-75/15. Devolo 1200 wifi > Replaced with cat 6
Sony KDAF8 65 oled.
This message was authored by Kev_68 This message was authored by: Kev_68

Hi,

My Sky Max router has just started to play up. Some devices are connecting some are not, on lan and wifi.

The devices are connecting to the network but have no internet. All devices are using DHCP but when  checking the IP range on the devices not connecting, they are on 192.168.1 range and should be on 192.168.0. If go in manually and change to the correct range they will work.

How can I check in router to see why it is doing this, as I have some devices I can't manually change, and still cant get internet.

Hope someone an help me 

Kev

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion