Discussion topic: DLM Reset on Activation?

This message was authored by gilbo2 This message was authored by: gilbo2

DLM Reset on Activation?

First off, I have no problems, just curious about how the DLM works with Sky FTTC.

I transferred from Plusnet to Sky (FTTC) today and expected a full DLM reset which would put the SNR margin back to 6dB, as this is what happened with Plusnet when any contract changes were made. However, I'm still (happily) sat at 3dB, so do Sky have a different DLM reset or is it simple not done anymore when changing ISP's?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: DLM Reset on Activation?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gilbo2 

Its referring to as dlm training and usually bumps it up to 6db so that in 14 days it drops to 3db . Guess you're lucky

Post your hub stats if you wish

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/m-p/2855717#M1014...

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
gilbo2
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk , guess I'm just lucky, but will see how the next 10 days go. I have a feeling nothing will happen, but we'll see 😉

The good news is everything is working fine, with little line noise, same as previous ISP. Not surprising though as nothing has changed to the cabinet itself.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@gilbo2 

@gilbo2 wrote:

@cookiemonsteruk , guess I'm just lucky, but will see how the next 10 days go. I have a feeling nothing will happen, but we'll see 😉

The good news is everything is working fine, with little line noise, same as previous ISP. Not surprising though as nothing has changed to the cabinet itself.

Just treat it like any first connection don't be tempted to reset the hub in the next 10 days

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
gilbo2
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk , understood, thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion