Discussion topic: LOS light turned red

This message was authored by George2 This message was authored by: George2

LOS light turned red

I recently installed cable internet with Sky

via Openreach. When I returned home from my vacation I discovered that my Internet (WiFi) and phone (land line) are not working. The "LOS" light on the white OpenReach box on the wall has turned red, the "Internet" light on the black Sky rooter is off and the "voice" light is orange. I tried to fix the problem but rebooting the devices, but wasn't fixed. What should I do?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: LOS light turned red

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@George2 

LOS is Loss Of Signal, which means no light is reaching the ONT over the optical fibre connection.  This is typically an external fault, and so needs logging with Sky for investigation by Openreach.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Rob+Aldcroft This message was authored by: Rob+Aldcroft

I have exactly this same problem. Is there a best phone number to report this to Sky. Many thanks

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob+Aldcroft  You can find a number to call at the bottom of the link below under need more help

https://www.sky.com/help/home 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion