Discussion topic: Losing Connection Multiple times a day

This message was authored by carrylovescats This message was authored by: carrylovescats

Losing Connection Multiple times a day

For the past few days I've noticed that my connection is dropping out multiple times a day.  Drops out both wireless and cat5 connected devices.   My stats are pasted down below.

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 2624:23:01

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 25585 32303 0 3556 4056 00:07:06 LAN Up 254387350 116553111 354 457448 40855 2624:23:01 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 83838343 42121124 0 8736 37 1104:25:18 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 788219330 374859021 0 0 0 1104:25:00

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 66997 kbps 20000 kbps Line Attenuation D1(12.2 dB) , D2(27.1 dB) , D3(40.9 dB) U0(5.2 dB) , U1(20.9 dB) , U2(32.2 dB) Noise Margin 8.8 dB 12.7 dB

Best Answers
carrylovescats
Topic Author
This message was authored by carrylovescats This message was authored by: carrylovescats Answer

Re: Losing Connection Multiple times a day

The engineer came out this morning and has replaced the wall socket that phone/data cable connected into.  The connection restored - having gone off completely yesterday afternoon and not fixed itself, but I'm at work currently so will have to see later on in the evening if this was the solution.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

carrylovescats
Topic Author
This message was authored by carrylovescats This message was authored by: carrylovescats

carrylovescats_0-1683544067829.png

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@carrylovescats  Can see the rasied noise margin of 9.1 and the WAN connection drop and also notice the router has not been reset for 109 days. What does the broadband test say about your connection when you run it and what speed do you normally get between?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
carrylovescats
Topic Author

Ran the broadband test earlier and it said everything was fine.  I have (since posted) powered the hub off and on again and I still had a drop out since then.

To be honest I haven't checked the speeds in a long time and don't recall what I got last time I did.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@carrylovescats  How many times a day is the connection dropping out for you on a given day?

carrylovescats
Topic Author

So i've since called an engineer out as it completely dropped and wasn't coming back.

However it seems to be almost every 10 minutes today.  An engineer is thankfully coming tomorrow to sort it now 🙂

Thanks for the help in the mean time.

@carrylovescats  Do let the community know how you get on with what the engineer says is the problem and what the solution was. It helps others in similar situations.

This message was authored by marnimoo2 This message was authored by: marnimoo2

this is happening to me too. How do you get an engineer to come out it's impossible to get though to anybody 

carrylovescats
Topic Author

I went through the virtual assistant chat which resulted in nothing helping the issue and eventually it led me to a "contact us" number which I called.  I got through straight away on the phone too, which surprised me as well as the speed for visit.  Unfortunately i rang from my home phone and I'm at work today so I don't have the number I called to hand to pass on.

carrylovescats
Topic Author
This message was authored by carrylovescats This message was authored by: carrylovescats Answer

The engineer came out this morning and has replaced the wall socket that phone/data cable connected into.  The connection restored - having gone off completely yesterday afternoon and not fixed itself, but I'm at work currently so will have to see later on in the evening if this was the solution.

This message was authored by Mini+Mo This message was authored by: Mini+Mo

@marnimoo2  Have 0333 7591 018 the best number to get through to Sky.

Had exactly same problem with connection dropping multiple times a day, phoned Sky, they couldn't find any issues, but they did arrange an engineer to visit & on testing the line he found quite a few line faults.

The Downstream Noise was 13dB, now aftewr repairs it back down to it's usual 4.4dB & speed up to it's usual 74Mb.

This message was authored by Keels This message was authored by: Keels

Mine is the same.  Think LAN cable needs replacing but i can't get past the virtual assistant online.  

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Keels 

A LAN cable suggests you are on full fibre with your Sky router connecting to the Openreach ONT via ethernet? If so it would be easier for you to just purchase a LAN cable for a £s

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by blackpoolcrab This message was authored by: blackpoolcrab

How much did they charge for this as I feel this may be my problem with my sky broadband

This message was authored by Jason1968 This message was authored by: Jason1968

I have had the same problem for 2 and half years and they keep saying its wifi but when internet goes off it says on tv your connected to router but no internet also same on my phone wifi signal there but says no internet connection ! But they still say its wifi ! Ive also disconnected all my devices apart from my phone and sky stream ! Also ive had 3 new wall sockets replaced and 5 routers ! And they give me a booster ! But still the same internet goes off several times a day and sometimes it goes off completely for 2 hours at around 2am 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion