Discussion topic: Moving house with time overlap

This message was authored by CarolineNI This message was authored by: CarolineNI

Moving house with time overlap

Hi,

I'm planning to move house and get the Broadband moved over, however, I would need a time overlap, ie: Old house and new house will both require a connection at the same time for a couple of months.

How can I make it work wihtout having to take on a new contract for the new house and cancelling the old contract which would mean paying 18 months or so worth of cancellation fee for the old house.

I'm on Fiber Unlimited.

Many thanks

C

All Replies

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Moving house with time overlap

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CarolineNI Realistically you only have one option(if you don't want 2 contracts running), keep your current contract running at you current address and use PAYG mobile broadband at your new address, once you no longer need a connection at your current address arrange a home move to get the service up and running at your new address.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving house with time overlap

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CarolineNI 

As @daveNOS indicates, no ISP is going to make that kind of temporary arrangement: they incur setup costs to provision an address which they need to know will be covered by either a full minimum term or through early exit penalty fees.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion