Discussion topic: My internet and wifi keeps dropping out.

This message was authored by ASCTTCAPA This message was authored by: ASCTTCAPA

My internet and wifi keeps dropping out.

My internet and wifi keeps dropping out. This has been going on for days and actually, has been happening intermittently for the last month or so (the wifi dropping out during work meetings a lot in March). The internet and voice lights on my router keep going amber, sometimes flashing amber and then green, but the wifi still doesn't connect. I've been through the service checker process about 5 times just today and it starts with saying 'there's a problem' then says 'let's fix it' then says 'all fixed'. Nothing changes. Can someone tell me what the problem is, please and how to resolve it (without having to go through the useless service checker loop of doom again)..

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Re: My internet and wifi keeps dropping out.

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, @ASCTTCAPA. I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by SkyCustomer13 This message was authored by: SkyCustomer13

Re: My internet and wifi keeps dropping out.

@ASCTTCAPA I've had the same problem since we signed up last July, but since October it's gotten so much worse, and even more so over the last month - it's been really bad and had no internet for a few days in the lead up to and over Easter.  

They keep sending out engineers (Sky and Open Reach both) and then I get a text that they fixed it, and a few days later it's down again!

It's one of the most expensive out there and claim to be the best provider, so to have this keep happening (and only refund you from the day you call to complain which takes more time out of a busy day, especially when it's so frequent) is maddening.

I'm having to hotspot on my work phone for online meetings and now getting reprimanded for that.  Sky don't seem to be doing much about it, just going through the placating motions to make it look like they're doing something.

Anyway, just letting you know it's not an isolated problem (and seeing tons of similar messages on here as of late). Best of luck - hope they fix your issues! I'm looking to switch!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion