Discussion topic: No Wi-Fi every morning between 4.39 and 6 am , my sky protect is disconnected also .evwey morning

This message was authored by Scott_wifi_fix This message was authored by: Scott_wifi_fix

No Wi-Fi every morning between 4.39 and 6 am , my sky protect is disconnected also .evwey morning

My sky broadband iwifi is dead every morning . My sky says it is all fine . I got ring of my cordless phone to see if that helped  . No but I am up with a toddler from 4/5 every morning and not one device is able to connect and although my sky says everything is working it also shows not one device is connected  . Great if I get burgled as my sky protect devices are also unable to connect also my ring . Really getting fed up  as I have a Wi-Fi gurantee ..... rubbish 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: No Wi-Fi every morning between 4.39 and 6 am , my sky protect is disconnected also .evwey morni

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scott_wifi_fix most commonly the cause of such problems are due to customers having a Sky Q box whose wifi doesn't work while they are in eco standby mode which ends around 5.45am if that applies then switch the Q boxes standby mode to none or active and their wifi hot spots will remain on overnight.

No isp can promise 24/7 connectivity as the network operators have to occasionally take down kit for maintenance which is done in the esrly morning hours. This may happened for a week or so but itvwont happen every night for more than a couple of weeks. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No Wi-Fi every morning between 4.39 and 6 am , my sky protect is disconnected also .evwey morni

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Scott_wifi_fix wrote:

Really getting fed up  as I have a Wi-Fi gurantee ..... rubbish 

The WiFi Guarantee is actually a guarantee of a small refund in the event that a wireless signal doesn't cover the whole of the property.

As @Chrisee indicates, the times you give are indicators of the Q mesh dropping after television hardware goes into a power saving mode.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion