Discussion topic: Ongoing Problem > Engineer called > never updated > no date > been going on for weeks

This message was authored by sarahox This message was authored by: sarahox

Ongoing Problem > Engineer called > never updated > no date > been going on for weeks

Our broadband connection drops throughout the day and our speed is well below the guaranteed.

We have had a notification that there is a problem that Open Reach needs to fix outside of our home.

The original report says that this will be fixed within 2-5 days - yet it has been way longer than this and there is still no date for this to be actioned.

How do we get someone to chase this - there doesnt seem to be a way. We are stuck paying for a poor service and cant get any support.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Ongoing Problem > Engineer called > never updated > no date > been going on for week

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@sarahox if you are using a standard copper line for broadband there is little Sky can do to force Openreach to do anything. If the connection test in the My Sky app shows the speed to the hub is below the guarantee and it cannot be fixed Sky will release you from your contract.

However that is not much help if you switch to a supplier who is going to use the same line. Openreach seem increasingly unwilling to improve the copper network as they switch to full fibre. If you post your hub's stats forum members maybe able to suggest something. See Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
sarahox
Topic Author
This message was authored by sarahox This message was authored by: sarahox

Re: Ongoing Problem > Engineer called > never updated > no date > been going on for week

Oddly even though the appointment still shows as no date set, the engineer turned up at my door this afternoon. They have fixed a fault at the box and he says normal service is resumed but I will monitor performance. Thank you for the advice, I think we are almost out of contract now so might need to look at alternative options.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion