Discussion topic: Paying for 500mbps and getting 290mbos

This message was authored by Zaff This message was authored by: Zaff

Paying for 500mbps and getting 290mbos

I'm paying for the 500mbps Fibre, but I'm 9noy getting 290mbps... If that's the best I can get can you downgrade my package accordingly please 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Paying for 500mbps and getting 290mbos

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zaff  How is the device you are getting this speed connected to your network? is it via ethernet (hardwire) or via Wi-Fi?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zaff wrote:

If that's the best I can get can you downgrade my package accordingly please 

The next lowest band would be a maximum of 150Mbs delivered to the Hub, so a significant reduction on what you are seeing now.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

500mps  is the speed  to the hub, and we are all  customers  here, you need to ring sky about  this as it sounds like a problem  with  the  fibre  optic  cable, I had it installed  in January  this year  and the lowest speed  I got the the hub was 498mps, I am now on full fibre  gigafast sky broadband 

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Have you  used the my sky app to check your  Internet  service 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion