Discussion topic: Resolution to orange Voice light on SR203

This message was authored by S5w This message was authored by: S5w

Re: Resolution to orange Voice light on SR203

I am experiencing the same right now 

This message was authored by Carrie1234567 This message was authored by: Carrie1234567

Can't get rid of the orange light on Voice. Internet not working and have tried unplugging it, pressing and holding the wps button many times but still says connection failed! Very frustrating!!! Any other ideas as I work from home and need internet in the morning? Thanks!

Kenny+Rankin
Topic Author
This message was authored by Kenny+Rankin This message was authored by: Kenny+Rankin

National outage - it's fixed now

—————————————————————————————————-Sky Q, Sky Gigafast Broadband with SR203 Hub
This message was authored by nstokes This message was authored by: nstokes

My issues were on going for so long, has so many eng visits and still wasnt resolved so got out of my contract and went to another ISP.  Guess what, not had this issue with new ISP 🙂

Sky Q 2TB, 2 x Sky Q mini
This message was authored by Padda This message was authored by: Padda

This issue is still occurring, voice light has been off for 36hrs, it's been working ok since installation 2 months ago. A number of reboots hasn't resolved the issue.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Padda the loss of the voice line indicates an issue which will require Sky's help to get fixed. I have therefore escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should send you an invitation to a chat session through the forum when tgey invite you  a chat icon will be added to the forum page but you may need to turn off any pop up blockers and refresh the page to see it.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Padda.

This message was authored by Davie1724 This message was authored by: Davie1724

Had the same issues for 3 mths now since fibre installed.  Multiple sky engineers, every piece of hardware and cables replaced, 3 Openreach engineers and still having the same problem.  Affects our sky live TV signal also, it flickers and freezes every so often.   Total nightmare.....   engineers have no idea what to do next, not for the want of them trying mind you.  Help Sky pls !!!

This message was authored by PaulPierce This message was authored by: PaulPierce

More of the same tonight. Disconnected twice, been almost nightly this week. My 100mb guaranteed speed is sitting at 70mb average. If only there was any other decent options in my area..

This message was authored by R+Monks This message was authored by: R+Monks

Evening, there are loads of threads with users reporting the same issues for well over a year now. Looking at all the threads I reckon there are  thousands of people suffering. I've tried with support, but I've never managed to get through to anyone that has a clue what they're talking about. I really am at the point of probably having to change provider. They're a bloody nightmare!!

This message was authored by PaulPierce This message was authored by: PaulPierce

Lost connection yet again tonight, 3rd time this week. Its beyond a joke in 2024, I'm going to move elsewhere

This message was authored by Lou2006 This message was authored by: Lou2006

Hello.

I'm having the same problem since getting a new router and upgrading to ultrafast broadband last month. The voice light goes amber and I lose Internet connection to all my devices. I work from home so this is not ideal. Also concerned when away from home and lose security connected to the Internet. Rebooting solves the problem but cannot do that if not there.

Why, if so many people are having the same problem has this not been fixed? I'd rather just have my old router and super fast when I had no problems whatsoever. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lou2006 firstly this issue is actually quite rare, most connections work properly, it appears to be caused by faults in the Sky servers that manage the connection which are situated in remote points of presence around the country. Sky do fix the units but it takes time to get engineers to the location. . 

You can get this issue on any service it is not confined to full fibre services it is just bad luck it has happened to you after the switch but it is very unlikely to be caused by the switch over.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion