Discussion topic: Sky internet is intermittent

This message was authored by BethanyP This message was authored by: BethanyP

Sky internet is intermittent

For over 3 months my internet has been going off twice a day at least. Usually at night time, but recently it has started doing it in the day and affecting my work schedule. 

I have called up to fix this so often, typical as I cancelled the WiFi guarantee last renewal so I can't even claim back. 

It's ridiculous, it resets and knocks me off important meetings for a good 5-10 minutes daily. The Sky Phone doesn't even get 4G in my area so either way I have nothing. Absolutely useless

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky internet is intermittent

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BethanyP can you post your Sky hub's stats which should allow forum members to tell you what maybe wrong. See Find your Sky Broadband router statistics

The fact you use the domestic connection Sky is selling you for work isnt a problem but it doesnt give you any priority unfortunately. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
BethanyP
Topic Author

I understand it will not give me priority, I'm trying to highlight that it's reoccurring and have effect. A domestic internet package should be sufficient for working from home. 

my issue is that Sky provides my broadband and mobile network and constantly leave me stranded with no internet access. I have called numerous times and always get told to restart my router and there's nothing wrong. I refuse to believe that internet that goes out a couple times a day, and gets upwards of 500 ping when two people are playing a mobile game is sufficient for the package I am on

BethanyP
Topic Author

IMG_9958.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion