Discussion topic: Sky "Superfast" Broadband is Super slow

This message was authored by Pharix This message was authored by: Pharix

Re: Sky "Superfast" Broadband is Super slow

It really feels like when you're in your last few weeks/month of your contract, they drop your fast speed. We were fine all year round and then we enter our last month / few weeks and lo+behold we get really slow internet or it will drop in and out of being connected, it's been a really frustrating week to put up with it and we even called them to no avail in fixing the problem... 

This message was authored by FinnDeacon This message was authored by: FinnDeacon

@Leland0404   I'm sorry to read of your issues. Happy that they've now been resolved. I just think it's sad that Sky say that they offer speeds that there is no way they can achieve.

I've now settled for 50 to 60 mbps, which is so much better than what I was getting.

Apple have finally admitted to throttling their iPhones to encourage owners to buy new models. Just saying.

To me it's like buying  car that is advertised as being able to do 100mph, but only been able to max out at 50, even worse if you have passengers on board.

The place where I live is cut off this week, during the day, because BT Openreach are working on the main access route. When I drive this route at night when I come home, there are no road works, everything is as it was. So sadly the dream of full fibre is a distant memory.

I still believe that these speed issues are not Sky's fault, it's the monopoly on the infrastructure that they have to use. Roll on 6G

Good luck with your new High Speed Network 👍

This message was authored by misty+forest This message was authored by: misty+forest

well i paid through the nose for 22-25MBs, i came out of contract and they dropped my speed to 17MBS max and still charging the higher speed price! i am not impressed with sky at all... my upload in under 1mbs and as a creator that is pants!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion