Discussion topic: Slow download speed and internet losing connection

This message was authored by AJones97 This message was authored by: AJones97

Slow download speed and internet losing connection

My Internet connection keeps dropping out seemingly every 15 mins or so. The Internet light on my box does about 4 cycles of orange flashing before going solid and is rather frustrating at this point. My download speed is also far below what I've been guaranteed through the superfast package I will post router stats below.

Screenshot_20240213_185934_Chrome.jpg

All Replies

AJones97
Topic Author

Re: Slow download speed and internet losing connection

 I have tried to run tests through the sky app but have been of no help. My guaranteed download  speed  is in the 30s but hasn't gotten close 

Screenshot_20240213_190016_MySky.jpg

This message was authored by sonicares This message was authored by: sonicares

The noise is a bit high. Has it always been like this? It might just be the distance to the exchange and not much you can do about it. 

AJones97
Topic Author

It's only been in the last month or so. An engineer came out and replaced the modem after they noticed how slow it had become. But I've never had such rapid disconnects like this before. It was OK when it used to happen once every few month and in early morning but now I don't know how the quality could've dropped so badly over this period 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AJones97 from the hub's stats you posted you have a seriously sick line that needs an engineer's attention so I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye onnthe forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
AJones97
Topic Author

I will keep an eye on my notifications, thank-you very much. The help is much appreciated.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @AJones97  an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion