Discussion topic: Slow to non existent wifi

This message was authored by Lauren3189 This message was authored by: Lauren3189

Slow to non existent wifi

For at least the past two weeks our WiFi is either limited or doesn't exist! Especially on our Samsung smart Tv. It won't allow us to watch anything connected to WiFi. Phones/tablets are pretty much using our data as WiFi is ridiculous. I'm pulling my hair out, please any help will be gratefully received! We have a booster too but hasn't made a difference. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Slow to non existent wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lauren3189 check the speed your Sky hub is connected at by running the connection test in the My Sky app as that could be the issue as the recent wet weather has affected many broadband lines. The app can offer to book an engineer if your spedds are below the minimum for your line.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Lauren3189
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lauren3189 This message was authored by: Lauren3189

Hi @Chrisee. Everything looks fine on the app, service checks and connections are all fine. That's what's so weird! Right now I'm trying to put YouTube on my tv and it does nothing at all. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lauren3189 

Have you tried factory resetting your hub by holding down the reset button on the rear for 30 seconds?

Also if you have boosters reset those & if you have Sky Q reset the network settings on those.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Lauren3189
Topic Author

@jamesn123 no I haven't! I'll try that now, thanks. 

This message was authored by bemak187 This message was authored by: bemak187

@Lauren3189Can you try connecting a laptop to the router with an ethernet cable and run a speed test.  Just to see if it is the WiFi or the actual bb connection itself.

Lauren3189
Topic Author

@Chrisee @bemak187 @jamesn123 I called Sky and and an engineer came out the very next morning and replaced our very old hub (didn't know it was that old!) and he also replaced the socket on the wall. All back to normal now and even faster WiFi coming through! 
Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion