Discussion topic: Tv buffering

This message was authored by lottiegrace This message was authored by: lottiegrace

Tv buffering

Hi

ive ran the checks and it says everything is working with my broadband and WiFi. However over the past few days one of our down stairs tvs keeps buffering and while I have been working from home my WiFi kept cutting out while I was on a call. Laptop and screens are next to router. 
do I need a boaster down stairs for the down stairs tv, or is it worth changing my router. 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Tv buffering

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@lottiegrace 

Sky loans wireless booster hardware free under the terms of the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of 'Broadband Boost' and the 'Enhanced Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' part of the 'WiFi Max' subscription supplement: they don't otherwise provide or sell them except to resolve issues with Sky Q. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these. 

Confusingly the 'Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' doesn't actually provide booster hardware, and is essentially a sales lead generator for the supplements mentioned above.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
lottiegrace
Topic Author
This message was authored by lottiegrace This message was authored by: lottiegrace

Re: Tv buffering

Thank you 

I think ill contact Sky about a booster 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion