Discussion topic: Upgraded broadband is in slower

This message was authored by Shaun80085 This message was authored by: Shaun80085

Upgraded broadband is in slower

Upgraded to Ultrafast plus and now my broadband is a lot slower 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Upgraded broadband is in slower

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shaun80085  What are you running to show the speed that you are getting and off what device?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Shaun80085
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shaun80085 This message was authored by: Shaun80085

I've been running speed test over the phone with Sky. They're saying it's faster but it isn't.... I've upgraded from superfast to the Ultrafast Plus's package. Which is 3 packages higher. I used to be able to download a film in 1 minute 30 seconds..... Now it takes half an hour.... Basically I've been ripped off

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Shaun80085  Can you run a speed test using the link below. Can you do this on a hard wired device please if possible.

https://fast.com/ 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Shaun80085
Topic Author

That says I'm getting 200Mbps. I got more faster with the Superfast package, which is cheaper.... I just don't understand it.... Sky are just fobbing me off. They said give it 10 days to adjust. But how  the hell does more days help?... I'm going to cancel the lot if this doesn't get sorted. Direct debit. Everything 

This message was authored by HRT This message was authored by: HRT

Hi I just used this link and it says mine is 19mbps it should be faster shouldn't it?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Shaun80085 given thefadtest speed with Superfastvis 80Mb/s but if the new hub is in a different position in your home wifi speeds could have dropped. Can you confirm you used a device connected by gigabit ethernet not bybwifi. With faster full fibre services the standard Sky hub cannot provide wifi speeds much over 600Mb/s and by the time there is a wall or two between the hub and the device 200Mb/s is quite likely the speed of the conneection. Thst is not necessarily an issue as your connection will support yo to 5 devices (or thereabouts) each getting that bandwidth which is the primary reason for buying that tier.

In practice very few apps can use much over 100Mb/s let alone need that bandwidth. Streaming video in UHD and HDR never uses more than 30Mb/s online gaming less than 10Mb/s. However if you definitely want fastest wifi you can buy third party kit that supports wifi6 or higher (assuming of course your devices support those standards) or assuming you dont have Sky Q pay roughly £7.50 a month for Sky's Wifi Max bundle.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion