Discussion topic: Why when you cancel broadband do you get charged 2 months extra when you have given 31 days notice

This message was authored by BARNEYRUBBLE666 This message was authored by: BARNEYRUBBLE666

Why when you cancel broadband do you get charged 2 months extra when you have given 31 days notice

I gave 31 days notice to cancel my broadband with sky on 22nd March 2024, i received an email to say it would be cancelled on this date but over a month later and numerous calls its still not cancelled as its stuck in limbo and paid an extra 2 months subscription. Ive got another broadband supplier that is 100% better than sky ie instead of 32mbs for £35 im now getting 900mbps with Brsk (look them up they are amazing). My question is after numerous calls and raising a complaint will i get my money back? It got said to keep my direct debit live but i have no faith or trust in sky so im giving them 24hrs for the refund or im cancelling all my sky subscription, sky glass and sky mobile and they can chase me for payment. Also note... when you get sky glass they dont tell you that it works seemless off "their" broadband but when you use another broadband supplier you have to keep inputting your broadband password, its through no fault of my broadband supplier its just the rubnish sky glass tv. I thought virgin were bad but sky are on parr.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Why when you cancel broadband do you get charged 2 months extra when you have given 31 days noti

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BARNEYRUBBLE666 you should only be charged up until the cancellation date but the way Sky's billing system works the direct debits are sent out to the banking system around 14 days before payment is due. If as it sounds the actual cancellation was not processed correctly the payment collection was also not processed correctly.

It should sort itself out and credits applied which should be paid out but that will take time to sped this up make a formal complaint. When you do ask Sky to review the recording of the call you made which should identify that an error was made and you want the overpayment returned to your bank.

Sky have a pretty good record on managing complaints if they dont you can take tge issue to an independent arbitor. See How to make a Sky complaint | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
BARNEYRUBBLE666
Topic Author
This message was authored by BARNEYRUBBLE666 This message was authored by: BARNEYRUBBLE666

Re: Why when you cancel broadband do you get charged 2 months extra when you have given 31 days noti

Thank you, i have made a complaint and will hopefully get a quick resonse, its just very frustrating how companies are quick to take payments but harder to get your money back. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@BARNEYRUBBLE666 wrote:

I gave 31 days notice to cancel my broadband with sky on 22nd March 2024, 

@BARNEYRUBBLE666 

Its 14 days notice for Broadband and 31 days for TV. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@BARNEYRUBBLE666 wrote:

Also note... when you get sky glass they dont tell you that it works seemless off "their" broadband but when you use another broadband supplier you have to keep inputting your broadband password, its through no fault of my broadband supplier its just the rubnish sky glass tv. I thought virgin were bad but sky are on parr.

I haven't experienced that. I'm only asked to re-input my password if the WiFi connection drops. That's rare - maybe once in 6 months. There must be a reason why, if it's happening regularly on your Glass setup.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion