Discussion topic: Wifi coverage throughout my house

This message was authored by ARooryck This message was authored by: ARooryck

Wifi coverage throughout my house

My hub is connected and shows good speed but coverage upstairs in my house is well below what I was getting with BT. When on Teams online meetings, the wifi keeps dropping which is no good at all for work. I never had this problem with BT - what do you suggest? Boosters? I have tried connecting a Netgear booster but it woill not connect and the same with my wireless printer, both find the hub but after entering the password, both say they cannot connect. I have searched for a customer service number to talk to someone  but it is impossible to find on the website or mysky!! Ridiculous

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Wifi coverage throughout my house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ARooryck 

Sky loans wireless booster hardware free under the terms of the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of 'Broadband Boost' and the 'Enhanced Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' part of the 'WiFi Max' subscription supplement: they don't otherwise provide or sell them except to resolve issues with Sky Q. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these. 

Confusingly the 'Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' doesn't actually provide booster hardware, and is essentially a sales lead generator for the supplements mentioned above.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion