Discussion topic: blocking ps5 on my router

This message was authored by Hannibah This message was authored by: Hannibah

blocking ps5 on my router

does anyone know the best way to block a ps5 using firewall rules, I have tried apply static ip address to the mac address on the ps5, but for some reason they are able to keep getting new IP address and getting around the rules. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: blocking ps5 on my router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hannibah being able to simply spoof a mac address is why mac filtering is effectively useless these days. No parental control app is 100% effective against a determined tech savy kid - or even one with a tech savy mate.

I suggest you check out purpose designed parental control solutionsyou can buy or the one in Sky's Wifi Max hub which may help control the wifi access BUT remember the only 100% effective system is unplugging the router. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Hannibah
Topic Author

I don't think wifi max is available yet to sky q customers 😞 thanks for your reply x

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hannibah one slightly odd ball idea is to buy acheap wifi access point which you use to conect the PS5 and turn that off when you decide to limit connection but change the wifi password on the hub to something only you know. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Hannibah
Topic Author

Great 😊 thx 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion