Discussion topic: I have been unable to access my email and the two step verification is not working.

This message was authored by Amanda08 This message was authored by: Amanda08

I have been unable to access my email and the two step verification is not working.

On 3 April my email was hacked. Sky locked my email following a call for security reasons. I was advised to call back after 2 days. I have made 23 calls and several complaints and still the two step verification will not work. It sends a code to my email that is locked! It will not let me log in by using a memorable date (error message says I have tried too many times!). The complaints department advised the Sky team to remove the two step verification. I was told after 23 days this was finally done but yesterday I was still getting the same message. I am so stressed over this as I am awaiting urgent emails. Any advice welcome 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I have been unable to access my email and the two step verification is not working.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The 2 step verification code should be sent to a mobile phone and not an email address.

Since they told you that the account has been unlocked have you tried resetting the password via this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I have been unable to access my email and the two step verification is not working.

The two-Step Verification code is sent by text message not by email, so this doesn't sound like a two Step Verification issue. Removing 2 Step Verification won't therefore fix it.

If this is a Verification code required by Yahoo, a few other Ccommuniry members have had the same issue which appears to require communication between Sky and Yahoo to fix.

Amanda08
Topic Author

@Amanda08 wrote:

On 3 April my email was hacked. Sky locked my email following a call for security reasons. I was advised to call back after 2 days. I have made 23 calls and several complaints and still the two step verification will not work. It sends a code to my email that is locked! It will not let me log in by using a memorable date (error message says I have tried too many times!). The complaints department advised the Sky team to remove the two step verification. I was told after 23 days this was finally done but yesterday I was still getting the same message. I am so stressed over this as I am awaiting urgent emails. Any advice welcome 

Thank you for this info, I will mention to the complaints team who were supposed to call me back today

Amanda08
Topic Author

Yes I have tried resetting and initially a code was sent by text. But now I don't even get this far. It requests my memorable date and then the message says I have entered too many times. Try again tomorrow. This has been happening for 25 days

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What happens if you try to login to this link:

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/account-info

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion