Discussion topic: Sky email error "Account is Locked"

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Email Account Blocked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You mean 'locked' rather than 'blocked'? Try resetting your password: https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword

This message was authored by joheron This message was authored by: joheron

Sorry, yes it does say locked.  I can only change the password on my main account.  My sky email address is not my main account so I can't do anything.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Just make sure you are signed into the reset link with the account that you need to change the password on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Nath1980 This message was authored by: Nath1980

I am unable to change my password, it allows me to enter new password then says an error has occured when trying to go forward 

Try logging out and then giving it another go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

when i put my email address in.  it says, we apologise for the inconvenience, but we have encountered a problem with your account.  then gives a number to call.  there were no problems until yesterday, when i couldn't access my emails.  no option to change password and my password isn't the problem anyway.

If you can't reset the password you will have to call the number and hope that you get to speak to an agent who can help you with it. Make sure you give the correct details for this account and don't let them fob you off by saying you need to go to Yahoo.

@joheron you could try first clearing your browser cache after closing all Sky websites, before you try to reset your password. Or try the reset while using your browser's incognito/privacy mode. If neither works, you'll have to call the number given, I'm afraid. 

This message was authored by DawnWood2003 This message was authored by: DawnWood2003

yes happening to me also  

@DawnWood2003 wrote:

yes happening to me also  

Same applies, then.

i called the number and it is automated.  They text me with things to do but it is useless because my email address is not my main account.  The automated message says, my account is blocked for my security.

Your Sky Yahoo Mail account and the related SkyiD are the same. You should be able to use the link previously posted, by entering your Sky Yahoo Mail email address and then clicking the forgotten password link. Try doing so using your browser's incognito/privacy mode if it's otherwise picking up your main account SkyiD.

I set up a different email address years ago, when it was possible to have separate email addresses so my email address is not the same as Sky ID

When you set that email address to do it you would have needed to have set up an ID for it as you couldn't just set the email address up even back them so are you using the right ID that goes along with this email address ?

This message was authored by doxy4001 This message was authored by: doxy4001

Hi,

Im having the exact same issue, tried to log into my sky emails yesterday and received a message that it was locked, my sky email address is from years ago, ive had several sky ID accounts since then with different TV packsges ect, but ive always kept the same sky email for personel use.   

I phoned the 0344 number and was on the line for over an hour, they coudnt fix the problem.  They told me that sky had lokced several of the Sky.com accounts due to fraudulent activity and were in the process of fixing the problem but it could take up to 48 hrs. 

Have you had any sucess yet?

Thanks

David 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion