Discussion topic: Sky email error "Account is Locked"

This message was authored by JayG1 This message was authored by: JayG1

Re: Sky email error "Account is Locked"

As many people stated before. You have to get through to the right person. If they say if will sort itself out - it won't. If they say it will take couple of hours for the unlock to work - not true. They should be able to unlock it there and then. My issue was I have current internet account with Sky with different email address that the Sky email, which I had set up over 15 year's ago that got locked. I had to suddenly remember which addresss it was linked to, security questions etc.
3 days of phoning and suddenly over 5 min a knowledgeable person was able to unclock the correct account. Don't give up. 

This message was authored by HM15 This message was authored by: HM15

Thanks after 3 days of phone calls. Managed to get on live chat with sky store and they referred to technical department. Suddenly able to access both sky store and emails again. What a complete hassle but pays to persevere. 

This message was authored by HM15 This message was authored by: HM15

Re: Account locked

Thanks for this, none of the phone calls got anywhere but this worked.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@HM15 wrote:

Thanks after 3 days of phone calls. Managed to get on live chat with sky store and they referred to technical department. Suddenly able to access both sky store and emails again. What a complete hassle but pays to persevere. 

Glad you have it fixed now @HM15 .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jasonsc2000 This message was authored by: jasonsc2000

had the same problem twice in the last few months.

sky know its a issue, staff being trained, said its a huge headache, the guy i spoke to was great today on the phone, over 1 hour 30 min. when i called i said the account was locked and that i was getting a error when trying to reset the id, mine is  working now. said its a issue since sky changed email security.

This message was authored by Geonnie This message was authored by: Geonnie

Do Sky actually care!! I have been locked out of my account and emails locked for over a week. Been fobbed off many times now, some sound un interested if they dont know, others say they know what to do and it will be 24 hrs to sort.... but nothing. Sky MUST know what is causing this and how to fix it.

No emails means I may well have missed some very important emails and I have no other way to access, the amount of stuff that is paperless now-a-days make sme very concerned. Anyone from Sky look at this and get in touch???

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Geonnie As you can see below, it seems to be a matter of finding the right adviser who knows how to unlock your account, I'm afraid. I speak from personal experience too. Unfortunately it means trying again.

If you're told it'll be fixed in 24 hours, or you need to speak to Yahoo, it's hogwash.

This message was authored by Neil-Welsh This message was authored by: Neil-Welsh

Hi, my daughter is studying over in America and for the last week has not been able to access her sky email. I can log in here for her but in America it is giving her the message:

Access denied. You don't have permission to access. Errors.edgesuite.net

This message was authored by Matt+Loveday This message was authored by: Matt+Loveday

Call sky and keep calling until you get to someone who can help.  you need to get past the first call centre, to the IDM team. 

@Neil-Welsh wrote:

Hi, my daughter is studying over in America and for the last week has not been able to access her sky email. I can log in here for her but in America it is giving her the message:

Access denied. You don't have permission to access. Errors.edgesuite.net

It's likely to be because the IP address she's using to access her Sky email is considered insecure by Sky.. She will need to contact Sky (if she can from America) and provide the information shown here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-yahoo-mail

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Neil-Welsh 

Csn she access it if she uses a VPN ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Neil-Welsh This message was authored by: Neil-Welsh

I'm not sure she knows how to be honest. Thanks for all the answers I have got her IP address and I will contact sky and see what they can do.

Sky kept me talking for 40mins but their final advice was to shut the account and go elsewhere! I've sent her some VPN links to try.

New plan, she has set up an outlook account. Anyone know how to forward all the sky emails?

I don't know of a way you can do that in one go. It means individually forwarding each one, I think.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion