Discussion topic: My Sky app account not authorised

This message was authored by redstarr This message was authored by: redstarr

Re: My Sky app account not authorised

I havent been able to access mysky app on my phone since yesterday.i could log in first thing yesturday but couple of hours later i couldnt.it is the correct log in details i am using as i can log in to my account on other devices.but on my mobile app i keep getting your account is not authorised to access the my sky app. i have tried uninstalling the app and re installing and ive tried restarting my phone too but none has worked.please can you help fix this as i cant top up my mobile accounts and cant access my sky vip rewards and have events in the next few days and need access to mysky app account to attend

This message was authored by sophiemcc This message was authored by: sophiemcc

The frustrating thing is the ''myskyapp' bit authorised seems to be happening to many .. i havent had access since yesterday morning.  I was just on the phone to Sky who assured me there were no problems and i should try resetting my password.  Your staff obviously habent been briefed that there is an issue.  Pls sort this out asap and send out messages to all sky users when it is fixed pls. 

This message was authored by J-C-R This message was authored by: J-C-R

I have the exact same issue as others on the thread. Adding myself in for visibility of Astley updates

This message was authored by WendyH23 This message was authored by: WendyH23

I have this morning spent 2 yes 2hrs on the phone to sky trying to sort out this problem. I have spoken to 5 gentlemen who in turn have put me through to the next one stating they can sort this problem. Eventually I was put through to a lovely gentleman in Scotland called Richard who straight away told me that sky do still have a error with this app. This took him all of 5 mins. He was appalled at my treatment on the phone and has said he will be contacting each of the operators managers to complain. I am almost embarrassed to say that I cried on the phone when talking to Richard. I had just come home after a busy 12 & 1/2 hour night shift on a busy ward and thought that my phone call would be very quick. How wrong was I. Hang on in there girls and guys the problem is will sky and not us.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WendyH23 wrote:

I have this morning spent 2 yes 2hrs on the phone to sky trying to sort out this problem. I have spoken to 5 gentlemen who in turn have put me through to the next one stating they can sort this problem. Eventually I was put through to a lovely gentleman in Scotland called Richard who straight away told me that sky do still have a error with this app. This took him all of 5 mins. He was appalled at my treatment on the phone and has said he will be contacting each of the operators managers to complain. I am almost embarrassed to say that I cried on the phone when talking to Richard. I had just come home after a busy 12 & 1/2 hour night shift on a busy ward and thought that my phone call would be very quick. How wrong was I. Hang on in there girls and guys the problem is will sky and not us.

Unfortunately, this does seem to be quite a common complaint when you are put through to some of the offshore agents who seemingly don't pay attention to any known or ongoing issues that Sky are investigating. In my experience the customer service journey has always been much better when dealt with by a more knowledgable UK based agent.

On another note, if you read the post "marked as answer" on this thread, you will see a response from a member of the Sky community team which does detail that they have alerted the relevant team that the issue is still not resolved. The post will be updated once the Sky Community Team have been informed that the issue has been resolved by the relevant team.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by oscar61 This message was authored by: oscar61

My sky app

Has anyone been told when the issue with the My Sky app will be resolved 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: My sky app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@oscar61 wrote:

Has anyone been told when the issue with the My Sky app will be resolved 

You won't get that information as that generally isn't how Sky operated. When it comes to issues they tend to onyl do the following acknowledge the problem, provide a workaround if there is one, and then confirm when the issue is resolved. They don't provide tend to provide ETCs so the next update provided by Sky will likely be when they believe the issue is fixed.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by PaulS23 This message was authored by: PaulS23

My access appears to have been restored. There did not seem to be any requirement for uninstalling, reinstalling or restarting my device. 

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

The support team has confirmed that the problem with the My Sky app has been resolved now.

If you still experience issues, please let us know!

Thank you for your patience and understanding! 🙂

Fanni
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Geoffrey3 This message was authored by: Geoffrey3

Geoffrey3

Mysky app takes me to a page that says I am not authorised to acess

This message was authored by Andy+MG This message was authored by: Andy+MG

sed

NO IT HASN'T STOP LYING TO US, STILL SAYING I AM NOT AUTHORISED.

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

Sorry to hear that some of you still have issues with login to the MySky app.

Can you please try to:

• login on the sky.com website
  • check if you can see your bills on the website
  • let me know if it is working or not?

Thanks,

Fanni
Community Moderator
This message was authored by ZCTLF This message was authored by: ZCTLF

Hi @Kelsingra I cannot access MySky app on the website either. I am trying to pay a bill but when I click on "My Bills & Payments" it says the page is restricted (this has always been the case, since I have been a Sky customer in May 2023. I haven't been able to get anyone to fix it.

Can you please help?

This message was authored by RMagoo This message was authored by: RMagoo

My Sky issue

I've had this problem before and it was eventually fixed.....but it's back. When I try to log into the My Sky app it says my account isn't authorised. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, changing email address and password but still won't work. Very frustrating as I can't claim my free VUE tickets! Any help would be appreciated 

This message was authored by RMagoo This message was authored by: RMagoo

Same issue

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion