Discussion topic: Sky Sports Error code ovp-00200

This message was authored by twhite27 This message was authored by: twhite27

Re: Sky Sports Error code ovp-00200

Getting the same error on desktop app using Macbook pro.

It's been happening for two weeks now, I have done all of the usual tests. logged out, cleared cache, removed and redownloaded app, tried on multple browsers.

What is going on? Please help

Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 15.17.08.png

This message was authored by KarlD52 This message was authored by: KarlD52

Need to phone Sky and report it as they say I'm the only one with these errors 

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience whilst we are looking into this for you 🙂

If you are still having issues with this Sky Sports Website desktop player, can you confirm if the issue is with one specific channel or on all Sky Sport channels? 

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by Xperia2k This message was authored by: Xperia2k

With all the Sports I'm subscribed to. 

GJH1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GJH1 This message was authored by: GJH1

And me too.

It seems to be the interface between the app and the browser with the log out message not being registyered.

Thanks for trying 🙂

I get the same error code with all the sports channels

its been like this for weeks now

This message was authored by IronsFanDan This message was authored by: IronsFanDan

Yeah Same Issues for me, Sky Go App also just Loads up, once i click on to accept Cookies, it just comes up saying their was an issue. Sky Go is just always non working, the Sky Sports Desktop App on My M1 Macbook Air seems to just be hit and miss. sometimes ill log out and back in and it works and other times it doesnt, both using Chrome/Safari like many others have removed Cookies, cache etc etc Issues also presented themselves around the 16/17th of Feb so definately Frustrating, Windows 11 on the other hand Seems to be Fine.

This message was authored by IronsFanDan This message was authored by: IronsFanDan

I phoned and reported it on the 18th had not been working for a day or 2, so think its just part of their script to say no one else has reported.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Morning Everyone

Can we ask you to try a workaround to see if this resolves the issue, whilst we work on a fix?

1. Close the Sky Sports desktop player app (if open)
  2. Navigate to www.skysports.com
  3. Click on Log Out (top right) on the Sky Sports website
  4. Clear cookies:
    • Edge (Settings -> Cookies and Site Permissions -> Manage and delete cookies and site data -> See all cookies and site data -> Remove all
    • Chrome (Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Clear Browsing Data -> Ensure Cookies and other site data is ticked -> Clear data
  5. Click on Log In (top right) on the Sky Sports website
  6. Enter credentials
  7. Navigate to www.skysports.com/watch and select a channel to stream

I'm marking the post as answered, not because we've provided the workaround, but so that people don't need to read the entire thread for this information 😀

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Hi Kev

Sorry this did not work for Chrome (I don't use Edge). Still get exactly the same screen and eror message

Karl

Hi Kev yes this only works sometimes. But not all the time for me at least. Theirs certainly a wider issue here that needs to be fixed. It was fine before mid Feb. 

This message was authored by RorH This message was authored by: RorH

Just been reading through this read as I have been experiencing the exact same issue for a couple of weeks now. I have tried all the solutions here - different web browsers, clearing cookies and cache, uninstalling and installing latest version of app and still no change. Very frustrating. I was hoping to watch the first F1 race of the season today. Has there been any further investigation on this by Sky? From reading this thread it still seems like it is an ongoing issue for a lot of customers.

GJH1
Topic Author

Hi Kev,

I tried this and it did work the first time, so thanks :-).

I couldn't say whether this is permanent yet though, having only tried once. What it DID do was to make my machine run glacially slowly in accessing every other frequently visited site. If having to re-install all of those cookies is the price to regain a working service then so be it.

In my case I have all but essential cookies blocked, so it might seem that this a draconian measure as it has killed off all of my quick access to work-related websites for the time being.

One suggestion that I have for a more permanent "fix" relates to the upgrade of Edge to work more like Chrome. I have zero experience of ios, so this may be a red herring. The maybe crucial point is that, after the most recent update to Edge (and Chrome) I have been given an option for leaving the browser to jump direct to Sky and also to make this a permanent rule. I wonder whether enforcing this rule has somehow clashed with the log-in log-out protocols of the app?

If that IS the case that might be an esay fix or work-around?

I would be really interested in hearing your opinion 😄

Cheers

GJH1
Topic Author

Hi Kev,

Please see my most recent post 🙂

Sky don't seem to be doing much about this

Their "fix" does not work for me or my son

Like others I've now tried different browsers and cache clearance - uninstalling etc.

There is clearly a problem created by updates in the last 3-4 weeks

Very disappointing as SkyGo is also not working

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion