Discussion topic: Sky Sports Error code ovp-00200

This message was authored by KarlD52 This message was authored by: KarlD52

Re: Sky Sports Error code ovp-00200

Unfortunately it is still not working for me 

Any more advice would be much appreciated

Karl

This message was authored by Jaack This message was authored by: Jaack

This is still an issue for me too - tried all previous suggestions for fixes and to no avail. Clearly an issue that requires an update to the Mac app so wonder if this is in the plans please?

This message was authored by IronsFanDan This message was authored by: IronsFanDan

Hi, Just been playing around on my Macbook Air and stil having concistent unreliability for the Sky Sports app im 100 percent sure its fundamentally an issue with the mac version of the app as i dont have anywhere near as many issues on windows.

I will say that for those who have been having issues with the Sky Go app. Can i ask you if you use any OS wide Adblockers? I have found that disabling the adblocker or putting sky go on the adblockers ignore list Sky Go magically starts working again.

Im aware theirs a few guys here who have been saying they have issues with the Sky Go app so worth checking. 

PS can SKY please make the time it takes to time out your account (or atleast let us choose how long it is) on sky sports, Not only should it not timeout if you accept cookies and have the remember your Username checked but it Times out within Minutes. and it can really cause frustration with missing kick offs or the start of any sporting event!

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you very much for contributing to this thread. Our development team has been working to reproduce and fix this error. They found a potential cause and released a fix on March 27th which we believe has fixed ‘Error Code ovp-00200’.

Please could you let me know if you have noticed this error code appearing since March 27th?

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Xperia2k This message was authored by: Xperia2k

I will definitely check tonight, not bothered for weeks now, but this offers a glimmer of hope, thanks. 

GJH1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GJH1 This message was authored by: GJH1

Hi Chloe,

I'll give it a try, thanks.

I did find a workaround that seemed to work for a while which involved doing a search for Sky Sports, following the link and logging in from there (wither to main event, premier league, F1 etc), but it only seemed to work on one machine running the latest build of Windows 10.

Hopefully there will be less faff 🙂

Graham

This message was authored by Xperia2k This message was authored by: Xperia2k

First few attempts and it appears to be gone. Edge/Opera browsers tested on Win11, latest updates installed too. I've changed nothing from when it didn't work to now, so that would lean towards the bug being quashed by the boffins. Hope so. 

Thanks to all who posted and kept the thread alive. But let's see in a week or two if it's still working 😂 

This message was authored by IronsFanDan This message was authored by: IronsFanDan

@Chloe-W22 Hi Yes this fix on the 27th Seems to have Fixed My issues on Both Windows 11 and MacOS not only for the Skysports Desktop App but also SkyGo So thanks to the team and yourself for letting us know. 

The only gripe i have with the Sky Sports Desktop app is the Time out issue for if you ask the page to remember your login details is their any possible fix that could be implemented to resolve this its obviously not convinient to have to log out and back in everytime?

Hi @Chloe-W22 

Thanks for the update

The app is downloads fine but when I open it it still looks for updates and then stops 

I just have a white arror and no programs on my Mac

Seems like it is blocked but I don't have an ad-b;ocker 

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Hi @KarlD52 your issue sounds like something different entirely. Have you tried uninstalling the app entirely making sure to remove all settings left behind after the apps uninstalled and then re installing?

Hi @IronsFanDan 

Thanks for the reply.

I'm also an Irons Fan - thought that might be the causde!!

I've tried everything suggested so far - multiple times - very upsetting, was promised a call back from the Tech team but it didn't happen.

What Settings do you recommend I look at ?

thanks for any advice you can give on this - always blowibg bubbles 

Karl

GJH1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GJH1 This message was authored by: GJH1

Hi Gents,

Not sure that I should join here as a Red  :-), but I have Irons fans as friends so, in the spirit of Football....

One workaround that I found was to install a different browser (in my case Google rather than Edge). The ONLY thing that I used that browser for was to log in to Sky. Rather than use the app, I went to the sky sports website and saved the page in favourite (the only one in there). Then when I tried to log in it took me through a different path and evrything seemed to work well. The only bugbear other than the faff was that it tried to default to main event, but not the end of the world.

I hope that that works (fingers crossed)

YNWA 😄

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion