Help
Help

On Demand & Catch Up TV
On Demand gives you control to create your own TV Schedule at a time that suits you. Whether you need help to get connected or advice on how to get the most from On Demand.
Occasional Visitor
KatieH96
Accepted Solution

Free On Demand Connector

I recently received a letter about how I was eligible for the free connector so I followed the link in the letter and I keep getting the same message saying I am unable to register for it but I have never used on demand?
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

Re: Free On Demand Connector

has you box ever been connected to the internet? if you have then you can't get it. if not use the link below.

https://secure.sky.com/mtmos/mysky/register_interest_unsuccessful/
Please note, I do not work for Sky. I am a paying customer, like you.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
KatieH96

Ok thanks for your help
Visitor
alirossy

Why can't i get a free on demand connector just because I've got broadband?
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

you can get if you have never connected to on demand. Have you connected before to on demand? The idea was to get customers who never connected a change to connect for free.
Visitor
alirossy

I've never had demand as I haven't got the device. They say I've connected before but how could i without the device!
Do you know what they are talking about?

Community Coordinator
Wakas-I

Hi alirossy,

You can connect your Sky Box to your router directly via an ethernet cable.  If you have done this, then you will not be able to order a free On Demand connector.

Kind regards,

Wakas
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
alirossy

I can't connect by a Ethernet cable as my tv is in one room and the internet box is in the bedroom with a 2foot wall between them. I was sick of telling the salesman this but he would insist that I couldn't have a free box as I'd already connect to demand.
Senior Member (Platinum)
seandouglas2

l know it is annoying and frustrating when you Can't get your message across. You could move you router to the TV? or is this not possible? If they wont give it to you for free, sorry but might have buy one. More annoying when you could have it free. Hind you sky know it you have connected to on demand, so get back on the phone!
Occasional Visitor
PCAPREVS

[ Edited ]

I have just received a letter asking me to Register for my free Sky On Demand Connector. However, when I try to register it will not allow me. I have both Sky TV and am connected to the Internet by sky. Can you help and advise. My account number:
<REMOVED>

Wireless Network: <REMOVED>

• Edited: Removed sensitive/personal information
Retired Staff Member
Kristi-C

Hi PCAPREVS

Welcome to the Sky Community! 

Thanks for the message and hope you're well. 

Could you please confirm weather you have used our On Demand service before?

Thanks, 

Kristi
Community Coordinator
Occasional Visitor
Colette+Kildunne

Got a letter to remind me that I had not registered for my On Demand Connector, tried to register but not successful.....can you help please
Occasional Visitor
duchessdonna

i have had the same problem.letter telling me i can register for the on demand connector,then when i try it tells me either i have connected in the past or my box is too old.niether is true,so why am i and lots of others having this trouble? you would think sky could sort this out quickly.

Community Coordinator
LiamC88

Hey Colette+Kildunne and duchessdonna,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see how keen you are to be able to claim a free wireless On Demand connector but when doing so you have been unsuccessful. To be able to order one you need to meet certain criteria, the first one is that you must never have connected your Sky Box to your router using a wired(ethernet cable) connection, if you have done this (even for a few minutes) you would not be able to claim our On Demand connector. The second one is that you must have a compatible Sky+HD box in order to gain access to the On Demand content. If you do not meet this criteria you would not be entitled to our free wireless connector unfortunately.

I am sorry I could not be of more help, please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Regards

Liam
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Georgina76

Second Sky HD Box has never been connected to On Demand due to distance from router.

Our first box has been connected to On Demand but your terms state "if the box has never been connected".

So on that term, the box should qualify for a free connector!

No offence to Sky, but how many customers are getting fed up with the amount of freebies you give to new customers whilst your existing ones get increased bills rather than a great promotion or a freebie!