Discussion topic: How can we make a difference?

This message was authored by ClareD1979 This message was authored by: ClareD1979

Re: How can we make a difference?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi,

Yes we do. I would be happy to pass on your details to our trials team if you like?

This message was authored by prescol This message was authored by: prescol

Hi Claire

I'll be happy for you to pass my details on to the trial team. 

Do I need to private message you, to pass my details on? 

prescol

This message was authored by ClareD1979 This message was authored by: ClareD1979

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi, yeah don't put them on here. Leave it with me.

Thank you I look forward to helping. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Don't forget me as well for the trial / tester program. 🙂

StaceD
Topic Author
This message was authored by StaceD This message was authored by: StaceD

Posted by a Sky employee

Send us a DM and we'll get you added 🙂 

We're also in the process of setting up the customer panel, so I'll be back in touch when we know what that looks like too 

This message was authored by Mrorient73 This message was authored by: Mrorient73

Hi, 

Good to hear that Sky are working on improving the subtitles, though you'll have to forgive me in being sceptical as the same thing was mentioned at least 2 years ago.

If there was one thing that could be done as an interim measure, it would be that the subtitles are made smaller (or an option to change the size) and that they didn't bounce around the screen.  When I say bounce, whe there is other text on the screen, say for instance when the likes of good morning britain have their own on screen banner, the subtitles will avoid it.  This can mean that the subtitles are more in the middle of the screen.  

This message was authored by Amethyst2 This message was authored by: Amethyst2

Hi,

Far to many posts to read to see if already suggested but I have a son who is autistic and is forever setting things to record with series links, it takes ages to delete them and can upset him. 

My suggestion to either set up profiles and or have to enter a pin to set up a recording. 

Would make my life so much easier and I'm sure others too!

This message was authored by Continue This message was authored by: Continue

I have been a member of the sky 

Family since 1989.

I am 76years old and I don't want to enter a pin No during the day to watch a film.

How do I delete the need.

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Continue wrote:

I have been a member of the sky 

Family since 1989.

I am 76years old and I don't want to enter a pin No during the day to watch a film.

How do I delete the need.

You can't it is an Ofcom requirement 

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Here's a thought, not just about Sky, but this very forum - dark mode. It is quite a bright site with a lot of white/grey space, and I find it a huge strain on my eyes. Having a dark mode version of the site would be wonderful. It is already nice that there is a "high contrast" version of the software available on the Sky Q box so it turns everything from blue to black, but perhaps some other colour options could be considered too for those with various sight issues?

This message was authored by Windy33 This message was authored by: Windy33

How do you become involved with this panel. I would love to help out other people and to get involved. 👍

Windy ?

Just have an idea, in the next generation of remote controls. What about  finger print recognition on the remote, so that you don't have to keep putting in that damn pin number.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Amethyst2. Thanks for the suggestion. I can certainly understand the frustration and will pass on the idea.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Anonymous  Thanks for the suggestion. Quick question, do you use any accessibility features on your devices, such as high contrast mode, colour invert etc to help with this? Or indeed third party software like ZoomText or Supernova? If so, how are they performing on this site?

If not, it may be worth trying out. I can of course take the suggestion to the team, but we've generally found the best approach has been to strive for web accessibility standards and then allow those accessibility features to take care of individual needs.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion