Discussion topic: How can we make a difference?

This message was authored by SDR This message was authored by: SDR

Re: How can we make a difference?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mahcq wrote:

Apologies. Forgot to add one of the more obvious issues i.e. the lack of an app which allows me to set recordings and see what I have set. Neither the + app nor the Go app serve that function with a Q.

But they do. At least Sky Go does.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Glass - No Puck
This message was authored by mahcq This message was authored by: mahcq

No, my Sky Go has not done that from day one on any iOS device. 

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @mahcq
The sky Go app does allow you to set recordings and download content to your Sky Q box:
- In the TV Guide, there is a Record button next to each show.
- When browsing On Demand content, if you select the Download button, you will be asked if you want to download it to your Sky Q box or to the Sky Go app on your device.
If you're having any issues with this, you may wish to contact our customer support team.
In order to view and watch those recordings and downloads which are on your Sky Q box from within the Sky Go app on your device, you need to have a MultiScreen subscription.
Thanks for your other feedback too.
Dave

This message was authored by prescol This message was authored by: prescol

What would help a lot is if  we can get multi room  without a second box, so you can watch your recordings on other devices.. especially when people are wanting to watch programs in bed. I would've thought the sky go plus, Wood allowed you to watch your recordings without multi room, Sky is always money grabbing.. I hope your parent company concast is watching and monitoring these discussions. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@prescol wrote:

Sky is always money grabbing.. I hope your parent company concast is watching and monitoring these discussions. 

@prescol You may think of it as money grabbing but at the end of the day any business, Sky included, is aiming to make a profit. On your second point I doubt the hierarchy at Comcast (not Concast) even know what Sky Community is. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
StaceD
Topic Author
This message was authored by StaceD This message was authored by: StaceD

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for this feedback. It's really helpful in representing the voice of our customers to our product teams. 

This message was authored by EmzRMc This message was authored by: EmzRMc

How do I get in touch with the accessibility team please? I have mental health problems and my bill is so high I am struggling to pay. Thanks

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@EmzRMc you could register with the Sky Accessibility Team and contact them to see what they can do to help or advise you now or in the future.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/accessibility-information-sky-mobile-broadband-and-talk-customers 

and https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/ will help. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by mahcq This message was authored by: mahcq

Nope. I can set a recording but the expected R alongside recordings I've set simply never appears. Been raised with Sky. Worked through the usual resolutions. Nothing has worked. Least of my issues with Sky at present though.

This message was authored by KB+UK This message was authored by: KB+UK

Who is accessibility for?  What does it do?  I have been with sky a long time and didn't even know it existed. Is there a special number to call for

pwople with mental health issues? 

also a lot of VIP tickets now are for 3 people. This is difficult if you have to have aomeoen with you (carer etc) and have a child. I end up sitting at home missing out. We have no family nearby to help with child care so it's our only option or we all miss out. It seems unfair really 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@KB+UK you find out more about Sky Accessibility here: https://www.skyaccessibility.sky

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Hi, I've been in touch a few times with not only Sky but with all the major and some not so major broadcasters concerning the lack of subtitles particularly on catch up, on Demand and Box sets. ITV Hub is a joke. Now Sky are not even bothering to put the subtitle symbol on its programme guide. Tonight according to the guide only the 9 o'clock news has subtitles. The Government should enforce quotas through the Digital Economy Act that is in place, if broadcasters continue to treat individuals with hearing loss as 2nd class citizens.

This message was authored by prescol This message was authored by: prescol

Apologies if this has been mentioned before,

But there's no audio description on the on demand or catch up services via Sky. . The BBC and Channel 4 does have audio description on their catch up services, but  when downloading the programs via the sky box it don't give you the AD option.. 

I can't understand it, if the program has gone out  live with audio description,  surely there's a way to have it available for people on catch up or on demand, like subtitles. At the moment Sky is being a bit Disability biased.  Because there is an area for subtitles on and sign language on the on demand and catch up  area but  not AD. 

I am now getting rather fed up with the silence about this and I'm going to put it on social media. to see whether other people would like to see A.D. services coming to catch up on on demand..

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Hi Prescol, why not contact, as I did the RNID. I did last year and joined in their Subtitle IT! campaign.

The Government has an act called the Digital Economy Act, which they will not enact as it would cost their friends the broadcasters money to provide proper services to all.

Good luck.

This message was authored by ClareD1979 This message was authored by: ClareD1979

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We are currently working on a solution to provide Audio Described content on our Demand platform for both Sky & NOW products. We are ensuring we keep both the RNIB and Ofcom across the progress of this solution. In the meantime, you can make use of our voice destination page on Sky Q which makes it easier to access all live Audio Described (AD) content in one place and record with AD. You can use the voice remote to say “Audio described content” or “Audio described programmes”.  We worked closely with our visually impaired community to design the layout and content preferences of this page and I hope you will enjoy using this.

Kind Regards, Clare

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion