Discussion topic: Is the Sky Easy Grip remote compatible with Sky Q box?

This message was authored by Spoonman9821 This message was authored by: Spoonman9821

Is the Sky Easy Grip remote compatible with Sky Q box?

Title really.

We recently got an upgrade from the HD to the Q box and overall we're quite happy with everything. However both of my parents find the design of the Q to be a huge downgrade. From the small size of the remote and the buttons etc they are finding it hard to use. I'm wondering if an Easy Grip remote is the
way to go but nowhere does it says they are compatible with a Q box? 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Is the Sky Easy Grip remote compatible with Sky Q box?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Easy Grip Sky+ remote isn't compatible with Sky Q, but there IS a separate accessible remote. See Sky's help here which includes contact options.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/accessibility-remotes 

This message was authored by twiglet3 This message was authored by: twiglet3

Unfortunately the link suuplied by Mark39 doesn't give any help for getting a Sky Q Accessibility Remote Control. Can anyone advise how to obtain one please ?

This message was authored by HendersonJ This message was authored by: HendersonJ

Hi. I have been successful in obtaining a Sky Q Accessibility Remote Control but UNSUCCESSFUL in linking it to my Samsung TV, it works fine except I cannot change the volumn or switch off the TV, I have followed the Sky instructions many times to no avail, I have asked this forum, Sky and Samsung  but not working for me. Berst Wishes.

@HendersonJ how far do you get? Do you get to the page on your TV which shows a code?

This message was authored by HendersonJ This message was authored by: HendersonJ

Yes. I followed the instructions and went through I think all 8 codes, none worked!!!  I did on line chatbox with Sky and Samsung all to no avail, the remote is just sitting there.

I'm afraid it means no code currently exists to control your tv.

Its brilliant. Got my SKY Q accessibility remote, what a fabulous peice of kit, far superior to the standard SkyQ remote. It is easier to use, far more intuitive, and no look-alike small fiddly buttons close together. This should be available to everyone as standard, whoever designed the normal SkyQ remote obviously never has to try and use it, it's horrible.

Spoonman9821
Topic Author
This message was authored by Spoonman9821 This message was authored by: Spoonman9821

The Q remote is truly awful and a massive downgrade. I've got the accessability remote on order so hopefully my folks will have something decent to use.  How the Q remote got designed and approved is beyond me. Its way too small, the button layout is bad and i find it slips out of my hand way too easily. The HD remote was pretty much perfect.  Changing things for the sake of change is not always a good thing

Totally agree with Spoonman and others. The standard SkyQ remote (Removed) should never have been produced. My world changed for the better when I was able to get the SkyQ Accessibility remote.

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion