Discussion topic: Subtitles are far too large and intrusive. Friends and family are furious that subtitles can’t be s

This message was authored by Sarah+Yorksher This message was authored by: Sarah+Yorksher

Re: Subtitles in middle of screen !

I assume they don't have mods to review comments.

If they do then they don't give asterisks .

They're big enough to sort this out. 

This message was authored by Mick8491 This message was authored by: Mick8491

I think they think they're big enough to ignore the feedback. 

This message was authored by skidsen This message was authored by: skidsen

The subtitles definitely are

This message was authored by MisterT1 This message was authored by: MisterT1

Re: Subtitles are far too large and intrusive. Friends and family are furious that subtitles can’t

What does RNIB or RNID have to do with the horrendously large subtitles on Sky TV?!? It is the paying customers who complain year in year out but our complaints fall on "deaf" ears at Sky!

This message was authored by rivington62 This message was authored by: rivington62

Re: Subtitles are far too large and intrusive. Friends and family are furious that subtitles can’t

@kennyrb wrote:

The massive subtitles on Sky are intrusive and way over the top. Why can't they be like Netflix or Amazon or YouTube?

I'm deaf but not blind. 
kennyrb

Has there ever been a real answer to this? I really struggle without subtitles but they are so big 

This message was authored by YesHun This message was authored by: YesHun

We have been with BT since leaving SKY 2 years ago.  BT isn't as intuitive as SKY but the subtitles, which my wife depends on are infinitely better, as you can change font size, colour and background. I was about to rejoin SKY when I saw that they still haven't bothered to sort out their 1980s subtitles. 
BT it is, until they do.

This message was authored by Chigirlx This message was authored by: Chigirlx

They are way too far up the screen and too big. 

This message was authored by AN.Other This message was authored by: AN.Other

Sky Q subtitle handling needs to be brought up to date to offer control over subtitle size, font and transparency as implemented by other streaming providers e.g. Disney+, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix.

When is it going to happen ?

This message was authored by Mick8491 This message was authored by: Mick8491

Nearly three years I’ve been contributing on this thread. Sky has done absolutely nothing..

So it's goodbye from me. I'm off to BT. Saving myself £100 per month!

I can't complain about Sky's response to an issue I raised about BBC iPlayer.

They changed my Sky Q box to address the issue that the version of the box I had did not support UHD.

But, subtitles, when will they be fixed ?

This message was authored by Andrei999 This message was authored by: Andrei999

if you dont fix subtitles by next march when my sky subscription runs out i will be cancelling my sky.. everyone watches tv with subtitles thse days.. and your subtitles are ridiculous, this is the last straw for your 'premium' service

This message was authored by Mikil1 This message was authored by: Mikil1

It is absolutely shocking. I genuinely can't believe that no one even reads this forum. The only time someone piped up was when they wanted to moderate a post cos I asked if someone was actually a programmer cos they said it's very difficult and don't know what I'm talking, so I said they should employ someone from Netflix to sort it out. And I got told to not be abusive. SKY SORT THIS OUT SERIOUSLY. EMBARRASSING!!!!

This message was authored by Andrei999 This message was authored by: Andrei999

FIX THE SUBTITLES !!!!!!!

Subtitles look horrible, someone pls fix them its can't be that hard can it? Really telling of what sky is really.. old 80s company with a few facelifts.. can't even fix a hugely imprtant and easy to fix thing like subtitles taking up half the screen. A JOKE

This message was authored by SFO1 This message was authored by: SFO1

Ridiculously large subtitles. Everything else is so slick but these are distracting for the people in my family who don't need subtitles. 
Sky please add to your product sprint list a meeting to modify the settings so that I can make them smaller. 

Are SKY in the process of addressing the issue of large intrusive subtitles and the lack of subtitle configuration controls when compared to other streaming providers ?

An update from SKY would be welcome.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion