Discussion topic: Adds subscription

This message was authored by Ian1983 This message was authored by: Ian1983

Adds subscription

My no adds subscription isnt working

Best Answers
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

Re: Adds subscription

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ian1983 wrote:

Hi i only just got sky today & i thought it skippped the adds automaticly

If you have the ad-skipping add-on on your subscription it doesn't remove ads it allows you to fast forward through the ads.

Note this doesn't apply to all ads. For example you will be able to fast forward ads on ITv X, My 5 and the Channel 4 app, however if you have the ad-supported tiers of apps like Netflix and Disney +, you cannot fast forward the ads.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Ian1983 

Sky don't provide a "no ads" option. They offer ad skipping. See: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ad-skipping-sky-glass

You will need to provide more information as to how it isn't working and the community will do it's best to assist, but bear in mind we are fellow subscribers and not Sky customer service.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Ian1983
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ian1983 This message was authored by: Ian1983

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith Answer

@Ian1983 wrote:

If you have the ad-skipping add-on on your subscription it doesn't remove ads it allows you to fast forward through the ads.

Note this doesn't apply to all ads. For example you will be able to fast forward ads on ITv X, My 5 and the Channel 4 app, however if you have the ad-supported tiers of apps like Netflix and Disney +, you cannot fast forward the ads.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Ian1983 wrote:

i thought it skippped the adds automaticly

No: that's not something any broadcast platform would offer because their commercial channel clients would be understandably upset.

Also note that fast forwarding through live content is clearly a logical impossibility because the next segment hasn't been transmitted yet.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

I note that the FBI trio of programmes on Sky Witness have removed the adds entirely on catch up which is a bonus.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Yeah some Sky on-demand shows do seemingly have no ads on them. Occassional i get a 40 minute US show, where the on-demand length is 40 minutes and thus no ads, and on other occassions the shows are 41 or 42 minutes on demand, with perhaps a short 30 seconds advert inserted where the ad breaks would be when shown on linear TV.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

Yeah some Sky on-demand shows do seemingly have no ads on them. Occassional i get a 40 minute US show, where the on-demand length is 40 minutes and thus no ads, and on other occassions the shows are 41 or 42 minutes on demand, with perhaps a short 30 seconds advert inserted where the ad breaks would be when shown on linear TV.

The entire advert break system on sky shows is really random .......

I've noticed the same on prime . One or two episodes of fallout had an ad at the start .... the majority had none 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion